Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Replay Control Systems > Working with K2 Dyno

Old 09-26-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
Hutch TV

Default New to K2 replays system

Hi

I do lower budget sports productions and are looking at the K2 system as a means to doing replays live as apposed to in post production in Edius.

I make my money out of selling DVD's to parents of the kids games we film. I have been doing this for over a decade and this year I have started doing replays to the games we film but the post production is simply killing me. Its time to do it live and get a life back!

I am also looking at streaming games live and so will need to get all geared up and ready for this as I want the best possible production values.

I am based in Australia and we cover Soccer and Australian Rules football.

Here is a sample of what we do:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhx2H...1&feature=plcp

Typically our crew will be pretty skeleton and consist of 3 people. One cameraman and lead commentator who I hope will also do a little multi tasking such as manually changing scores as it happens.

The 3rd person would also co commentate but mainly focus on doing the replays. Its all set up in a Merc Sprinter van.

The whole system I hope to run through a 4 channel mixer meaning we can cut to the maned camera, locked off cameras & the commentary team.

The whole recording will need to record to a PC via USB IN HD, stream to the WEB and also in composite to a DVD recorder.

I am hoping the Dyno will give me the ability to quickly recall moments as they unfold either on the fly or inserted at the end of quarters or when there is a break in play.

Q. Are there any videos online that show this system in real life work. For instance someone sitting there using it for a soccer or basketball game?

Q. What additional Grass Valley equipment will I need in order to do real time titles and the ability to add watermarks?

Q. What 4 channel mixer will work for me?

Q. The Dyno it self look small and pokey. Is this an issue?

Q. Whats the estimated cost on all this in order to get set up.

Q. Can anyone relate to what I do and just how long it takes

Q. Who can I speak with and see the system live in Australia

Thanks

Martin
Hobart Tasmania
Australia
Hutch TV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:59 PM   #2
GrassValley_OB
Grass Valley

Hope this answers some questions for you.
-Olaf

Q. Are there any videos online that show this system in real life work. For instance someone sitting there using it for a soccer or basketball game?

http://video.grassvalley.com/video/gv360/Dorna/

From a training overview that may give you more insight:
http://video.grassvalley.com/video/k2_dyno_tutorial/

Q. What additional Grass Valley equipment will I need in order to do real time titles and the ability to add watermarks?
EDIUS from GV offers HDSDI output signal that could be used as a real time overlay solution: http://www.grassvalley.com/products/edius_pro_6.5

Q. What 4 channel mixer will work for me?
GV does not carry an audio mixer solution, however, the K2 Dyno has the ability to change the gain values both Input and Output sides of the system on-the-fly.

Q. The Dyno it self look small and pokey. Is this an issue?
No, the footprint used for the controller is an industry average set long ago that meets the requirement to fit in on a limited desk size. The Server is a 2RU full width or half width, depending on what size of K2 Summit Server you choose.

Q. Whats the estimated cost on all this in order to get set up.
Everything depends on the size of server you need to cover the number of channels and storage size. Your regional sales person can help you there.

Q. Can anyone relate to what I do and just how long it takes
Yes, I have done multiple years(in the past) of what you are doing now, and have found it financially counter productive to put that much effort into the project for such little return only to need to reproduce it the following week.

Q. Who can I speak with and see the system live in Australia
There are two offices nearby that may best serve you:

Australia
Unit 4/310 Ferntree Gully Road
Notting Hill, VIC 3168
Australia
Telephone: 1 300 721 497

New Zealand
P.O. Box 112-202 Penrose
3-123 Manukau Road
Epsom, Auckland
New Zealand