Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Hardware and Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 07:47 PM   #1
fcorona76

Default Leadtek PxVC1100 Spursengine for sale

A quick preface:

I'm a tool & die design engineer by day and have been doing amatuer video production by night & weekend (motorcycle stunts, concerts, weddings, etc). A few months ago I got really busy with both real work and video work so I felt justified in purchasing an encoding accelerator to speed up my preview builds for DVD's & BD's. I used information from this site & AVS Forums (which I've been around on for 3 years) to purchase a Leadtek PxVC1100 Spursengine card with TMPGEnc & the Spursengine Plugin.

It's worked wonderfully and allowed my full 1080 i/p AVC 4.1 high profile compliant videos in realtime and much faster (depending on filters, 720P was double realtime). I've caught up with all of that and coincidentally needed to build a new multi-core computer for work that was more capable of performing FEA in the background while I am able to create 3d models & drawings at the same time. This computer makes the Spursengine card not nearly as necessary now and I'm hoping to recuop some of the money I put into it.

I bought it from Newegg for $289. I still have all packaging, instuctions, software discs, etc. This bundle came with TMPGEnc Xpress 4 and the Spursengine plugin ($160 value according to Pegasys) which I have installed. I emailed Pegasys and have been informed that I can transfer/resell the license/serial numbers for the software to anyone as soon as I delete them from my online account and they add them to theirs.

Feel free to post up if there's any interest in this device....I'd be willing to sell it with, or without, the software for a good price. I'm going to post it on Ebay but I dont know how many video "pros" will actually look to Ebay for hardware. I've been buying & selling on ebay for 10 years and have maintained a 100% feedback rating...not that that proves my character but it can't hurt it.

Also, please feel free to let me know if this is against some rules of this board. I read the board FAQ & forum rules but couldnt find anything regarding classifieds.

Thanks for reading,

Frank
Old 05-11-2010, 11:31 PM   #2
shueardm

From my most recent experience the FireCoder Blu (which is also a SpursEngine) did not create AVC 4.1 1080i video that was Blu-ray compliant.

Can you confirm 100% that the Leadtek offering is indeed compliant and which software did you then author the Blu-ray with? Also please state the TMPENG software version (because an old version did work)

..and no, the post isn't really allowed, however, my question is relevant
Old 05-11-2010, 11:47 PM   #3
GrassValley_PS

Sorry, but classifieds are not allowed. Anyone wanting to answer can PM or email.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Hardware and Accessories