Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 06-20-2016, 01:43 PM   #1
nguyenthanghoa

Default Reinstall OS and EDIUS 8 stop working (activation error)

Hello,

I have to post here because i don't have other way to communicate with grassvalley. I can't login to custom portal (watch the movie clip https://youtu.be/oGJj_odNMOI to understand).

I bought EDIUS Pro 8 two month ago. I actived it once and use for 1 month. Cause i got problem with MPEG2 codec and 4K videos ( in this topic: http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=37855 ), I reinstall the OS, and active EDIUS few more times. I haven't known that EDIUS only be actived 3 times, i really haven't known it.

Now EDIUS isn't working anymore when i reinstall OS and upgrade to Windows 8.1. I was read a topic on this forum and someone told that i have to contact Reseller or Dealer or someone like this to reset activation count for me. Please, i don't remember everything and can't contact Reseller cause we not live in same country.

I bought it and only want to use it smoothly. Please help me to reset activation count. You can see i reinstall 2 times at 8th and 9th of May, then 10th I post here about my problem. It's the truth and i swear i don't know i'm only have 3 times to active it.

EDIUS 8 Pro on:
Gigabyte GA-7PESH3 | Dual Xeon E5-2660v2 | 8x8Gb SamSung ECC 1866Mhz | 2x128GB & 1x1TB SamSung 850 EVO | nVIDIA GTX760 | Cooler Master 850W silent M2 | Chassis is modified from server chassis | 27" Apple Cinema display
nguyenthanghoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 06:29 PM   #2
GrassValley_SL

Please contact technical support by visting this page http://www.grassvalley.com/support/contact. Looking under support for professional products.

You can also contact the re-seller from which you purchased EDIUS.

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support
GrassValley_SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:46 AM   #3
antonsvideo

in the future, click license manager and deactivate online prior to reinstalling OS etc (takes 3 seconds and it returns your license)

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:48 AM   #4
nguyenthanghoa

Dear GrassValley_SL: i can't login to Customer Portal to view case. Send an online support form is oneway talking with me. Grassvalley usually send me back a email notice that a case was created. But, i can't login to view it, that the problem. Did you see the clip i recorded to explain it?

Dear antonsvideo: please help me, i didn't know that. Can you help me login to Customer Portal and read the case which GrassValley was created? I can't login and don't understand what i have to do now.
nguyenthanghoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:00 PM   #5
GrassValley_SL

Maybe you should call tech support to sort your account issues. We cannot do anything here to be honest.

Old 06-21-2016, 01:33 PM   #6
John Hooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
Maybe you should call tech support to sort your account issues. We cannot do anything here to be honest.
Steve, just as a test, I tried logging into the Support request using the link you posted above. My Login didn't work in the same way the OP has described in the video he posted.

Which Login details does this link require...is it the usual GV Login?

It might be that the OP has been using the wrong Login, or that there is a problem with that link perhaps?
Edius 8.53WG, Vistitle 2.8, Windows 10 x64 Pro Fall Update, Asus Z87 Pro, Intel i7-4770K, 16 GB 1600 Corsair Vengence LP RAM, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB, WD Black 2TB media drive, Intel HD 4600 GPU, MSI GTX660 2GB VGA, Coolermaster Silencio 652 case, Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler, Cakewalk UA-25EX USB audio interface, Cakewalk MA-15D monitor speakers, BM Intensity Pro 4K, PlextorPX-LB950SA BD writer, Dell U2410 Monitor
John Hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:48 PM   #7
GrassValley_SL

Hi John,

I think that if you don't have an SLA your first contact with support will be by submitting trough email or contacting by phone.

You need to select professional products for EDIUS and follow up on the information provided in that section.
Attached Images
File Type: png support.png (58.8 KB, 14 views)

Old 06-21-2016, 01:53 PM   #8
John Hooper

I was just trying to help the OP. I think your reply to me will hopefully put him on the correct path.
Edius 8.53WG, Vistitle 2.8, Windows 10 x64 Pro Fall Update, Asus Z87 Pro, Intel i7-4770K, 16 GB 1600 Corsair Vengence LP RAM, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB, WD Black 2TB media drive, Intel HD 4600 GPU, MSI GTX660 2GB VGA, Coolermaster Silencio 652 case, Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler, Cakewalk UA-25EX USB audio interface, Cakewalk MA-15D monitor speakers, BM Intensity Pro 4K, PlextorPX-LB950SA BD writer, Dell U2410 Monitor
John Hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:57 PM   #9
antonsvideo

so the OP has an SLA? I don't even know what that is but I assume he owns a TV station? I never got an SLA in all the years of using EDIUS

never even seen that link mentioned in my life

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 02:41 PM   #10
GrassValley_SL

We will try to sort this and point the OP to support . :)

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS