Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 01-06-2020, 10:55 AM   #21
zvit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
Sorry but my poor English .... and not understand what exactly has to be done.
What means : take ownership of the following folders... ???
It means that you need to right click on each folder and go to the security tab from the properties, and make sure you have full control. Then click on advanced and make sure you are the owner of the folder.

There are free programs that will do this for you as you can see in my screenshot.
Attached Images
File Type: png Dt0P9BUIvl.png (45.7 KB, 22 views)
Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH, Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB, 500GB SSD HDD for OS, 40TB Usable Hard Drive Capacity, Window 10 PRO 64-bit Edius 9.5 WORKSTATION...
zvit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 11:24 AM   #22
Haddock

Very clear and complete.

Thank you very much and best wishes

Sorry for my poor english, I am french native speaking

Main System: Azus Z87 Pro, 4770K@3.5Ghz, 16gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 630, Windows 7 Pro 64, Samsung 840 pro, Edius 8.53.2808 WG and 9.40.4896 + NXexpress or HDspark, 2T separate video SSD.
Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 01:44 PM   #23
Ron Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
I follow these thread... and it is not the first time I see on the forum these type of thread with windows 10, (that never append with windows 7... if I remember well....)

Finaly when Edius and others softwares are installed and all working perfectly....on Win 10, are some experts among you validating the "disabling updates of Windows 10" ?
May be its more reliable considering that the stability of a production PC is essential ?

May be that the forum, in the sticky threads, could be a good place for expert to validate or not ... the upgrades of windows 10 ?
My video is just a hobby so livelihood is not dependent on the income. If it was I think I would have at least two PC's and certainly not connect to internet when I was using them. Even as a hobby I have one for email WEB etc and two for video and audio editing. However they are all connected to the internet through my switch and router. They are all video editors just replaced by newer one every so often and moved down the priority chain! So they all have editing programs on them from their past. Vegas is on all of them from Vegas 9 ( now Vegas 17 on the Threadripper ) most have at least two version of Vegas and Sound Forge, the 4790K also has CS6 Suite . Edius on two of them. The only one I have had WIN10 problems with is the clean install on the Threadripper. It and the 4790K also have Resolve Studio and the 3770K has the free version of Resolve. However unlike a lot of you I only have one video plugin, Neat video plugin on one of them, the WIN10 Pro ! Have VST audio plugins on all systems though.

I did the update on the 3770K and 4790K because I just did not want to go through all the hassle of reloading etc. I asked my local PC shop what their experience was and they just told me to update. They do many systems a day with no problems. Of course those are office or home systems not Video. Both these systems have been great since update but they are WIN10 Home not Pro and its my WIN10 Pro system that was a clean install that is the only one that has had a similar problem. It cleaned itself out with a little patience on my part. I have it set for 30 day delay now.

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 SATA OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS 9.5 WG, Vegas 17, Resolve Studio 16

Cameras: GH5S, GH5, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2
Ron Evans is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS