Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 03-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #11
Red Union Films
Banned

Youtube and at least Vimeo's free account, both re-compress any footage you upload. So the best thing to do for pure picture quality, is to upload the highest possible bitrate version of whatever compatible codec version that you can supply from Edius, that you feel justifies the time for your upload.

People go on all the time about bit budgeting. Well if this is your primary concern, then you are never going to get the very best picture quality. As the saying goes, no pain no gain. I personally do overnight uploads of massive files that have massive bitrates, and this will produce the best ever encodes for that particular video.

Youtube also allows for uploading HQ codec based material, although it does not understand its RGB range.

Virtualdub is an unnecessary stage in this particular exercise. As youtube will do its own downscaling methods, as does at least the standard vimeo accounts to get to 720.

Edius is way more than capable of supplying the best possible master material for both youtube or vimeo, as direct exports from its own timeline.
Red Union Films is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:36 AM   #12
Nerfboy

I tried exporting a clip for Vimeo with their Edius 6 tutorial settings and I keep getting an error after trying to confirm the start of the export. I am running Edius 6.01...is this the problem?

Windows 10 Home 64 bit, Intel I7 4.2ghz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070

Gold Coast, Australia
Nerfboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:50 AM   #13
antonsvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerfboy View Post
I tried exporting a clip for Vimeo with their Edius 6 tutorial settings and I keep getting an error after trying to confirm the start of the export. I am running Edius 6.01...is this the problem?
6.01 has bugs, current version is 6.07

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:07 AM   #14
Nerfboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
6.01 has bugs, current version is 6.07
The error is 0x80004005

Which from what I can gather is a Windows error. I am running Windows 7 64 bit and never had this error message before. Even preset export settings I have used in the past are giving this error. Done a registry check and everything is fine.

Windows 10 Home 64 bit, Intel I7 4.2ghz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070

Gold Coast, Australia

Last edited by Nerfboy; 05-03-2012 at 09:48 AM.
Nerfboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:13 AM   #15
David Harry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerfboy View Post
The error is 0x80004005

Which from what I can gather is a Windows error. I am running Windows 7 64 bit and never had this error message before. Even preset export settings I have used in the past are giving this error. Done a registry check and everything is fine.
If you are getting errors across the board, it would suggest something is properly wrong. You may want to do a total system re-install, as this is the only true way to be sure that everything is 100% and clean. If this is your main edit system and used for serious work, you may also want to only have Edius on it and only the software and plugs that it requires. Definitely no virus or anti-anything software. You may also want to consider Norton Ghost or another reputable imaging application, at least this way you can get back out of trouble within minutes.

Then do as Anton is suggesting and install the latest version of Edius. If it's the same Vimeo tutorial that I have seen, you may want to avoid that as well, as it's not the best way. Follow Khoi's example, you have a lot of options to export with complex parameters and high bitrates if you need it. This software and other X264 based applications have the ability to make an encode that is visually indistinguishable from your 8Bit master.

You may also want to try the Edius H264 encoder. It's the quickest workflow, it produces great encodes at high bitrates, and depending on your system could be the fastest encoder you can use for H264. You may want to do a quick 30 second test to see what's best to feed Vimeo as far as frame size is concerned, 720 or 1080, with your Edius exports.
David Harry is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS