Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > GV Browser

Old 01-09-2017, 10:28 PM   #1
Avi18

Default GV Browser doesn't detect partitions properly

I have a number of hard drives attached internally. Each of them have between 2-4 partitions. GV Browser does recognize each hard drive and most of the partitions that comprise each hard drive - except for two partitions. These two are partitions from separate hard drives. GV browser has listed these two partitions under the heading of "Removable Device" and does not show any folders within the partition.
I tried "refresh" but doesn't work. Would anyone know how I can get GV Browser to recognize these partitions properly?
Avi18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 01:17 AM   #2
antonsvideo

if any partition contains P2 files, GV browser will not see the drive or the partition, I have no idea why

I don't use GV browser, I see no need for my workflow

EDIUS Pro 7.53 with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 850 Pro SSD for System, 4 WD RE4 2TB in Raid5 for Video, Adaptec Raid Controller, 4 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:13 PM   #3
Avi18

Default Thanks Anton but I don't have P2 files

No P2 files on my Windows 7 computer. Just DV files, AVCHD, XAVC. Can't understand why GV Browser can't see it.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:13 AM   #4
antonsvideo

are there XDROOT folders? same issue

GV browser is about as useful as an empty bottle of wine :)

see attached image how GV browser fails to see my P drive because it contains XDROOT
Attached Images
File Type: png Anton-0175.png (159.2 KB, 12 views)

EDIUS Pro 7.53 with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 850 Pro SSD for System, 4 WD RE4 2TB in Raid5 for Video, Adaptec Raid Controller, 4 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:47 AM   #5
Gavin++

I'm not completely sure, but i think, sometimes certain XML files may cause trouble, too.

Maybe try a search on the specific drive for "*.xml".
Any findings?
Gavin++ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:43 AM   #6
David Clarke

It does the "p2" thing with other formats as well. For example I just put the "private" folder from some AVCHD clips in the route of my drive and now browser sees that whole drive as just the AVCHD footage and ignore the other 2GB worth of files. The solution is move the private folder (and all sub folders) somewhere else.

I do get a similar thing with the Adobe Media browser - if it sees a card structure it assumes it is a card of footage and ignores everything else - but Adobe have the option to change the view to just files. It would be nice to have that option in GV Browser.

If you post a screen shot of the root of the offending partitions from windows explorer then maybe we could pin point the things that need to be moved. After moving you have to restart GV Browser as just refreshing the drive or my computer did not make it notice the change.
Desktop: 3Ghz 2011 pin processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 970, Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K , Windows 10
David Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:13 PM   #7
Ron Evans

I have a backup from my Sony phone and Playmemroies gets the dates of video files and photos correct but GV Browser just used the date of the directory for everything .

Intel i7 4790K 4.0Ghz, 16G RAM, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7TH, WIN 10, Samsung 850 EVO 500G boot & 500G temp, 2x3T Project Source drives, 2T Shows Finished files, 1T EVO 850 Render Files, Quantum Ultrium LTO3 tape drive, HDSpark, and 2 LG Bluray burners, NexStar Vantec HX4R and eSata/USB3 hard drive dock, Antec 1200 case, ASUS PB328 monitor, Viewsonic VT2300 LED monitor on the HDSpark EDIUS 8.3 WG

Cameras: FDR-AX1, FDR-AX100, NX5U, FDR-AX53, CX700, Sony NX30
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 11:20 PM   #8
Avi18

Default Problem Solved - Thanks

Thank you all for your help. I did indeed find an XDroot folder on one of the drives and an AVCHD folder on the other. When I deleted them GV browser did detect my partitions. So all of your advice was helpful. Thanks!

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > GV Browser