Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 11-18-2019, 01:57 AM   #31
Ron Evans

There is something strange about the project that it will open on one of my PC in EDIUS 8.53WG and EDIUS 9.51 but on the other PC ( WIN 10 Home ) it will open in EDIUS 8.53WG but not EDIUS 9.51WG, I know in the past Noa had a problem like this with the error message I get associated with user profile. But I do not understand if that is the case why it opens in one version of EDIUS but not the other on the same PC .

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 SATA OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS 9.5 WG, Vegas 17, Resolve Studio 16

Cameras: GH5S, GH5, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 10:29 PM   #32
dolby

Default I have similar problem also on the second system

Hello friend,

Today I tested my second system with identical software and plugins and also have a problem with my files from 9.5 version in updated system to 9.51. Also there on the second system I have a problem with files, but there was unable to load project at all. On my main system I can load project files with warning message. On the second I recieved another kind of warning message /JPG attached/ and system has crashed, edius stop working and would like to generate Edius system crash report /Also attached here/. Could you take a look for this file?

When I will have a time I could uninstall all plugins and try to open files without any plugins. Year ago I noticed the problem with some older plugins that can make problem after upgrade from 6.07 to 8 and then to 9 version. I have solved this and deleted older plugins, maybe there stayed something else... But in version 9.5 all play like a charm, the problem is here from last update.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Catastrophic-failure.jpg (17.1 KB, 59 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip EdiusSystemReport-20191119-104933.zip (2.91 MB, 2 views)

1.DESKTOP: GIGABYTE x79 UD4, Intel Core i7 i3930k, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 760, 14x internal HDD + mirrored backup, HD SPARK, Sound Blaster Audigy, LG DVD-RW, WINDOWS 10 x64

2.LAPTOP: Intel Core i7 4702MQ, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB, Intel HD 4600, WINDOWS 10 x64
dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 01:53 PM   #33
taffinou

Hello Dolby,

I didn't test your files but I encountered the same problem as you.
I opened an old project and got this message:

this project is corrupt. It was read as much as possible...

As I was doing drive tests on a NAS (this project was a mirror of another server), I thought it came from there.

(Maybe a problem with permissions / file attributes that have not been copied?)

Afterwards, I tried to open differently and the project works again without this message.
So I didn't look any further, but in any case, you're not alone!

On the other hand, it was a very light project ( 15 Ko)

Antoine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolby View Post
... Does anybody know what does this alert message mean? Why he could appear? I am sure that the file is o.k., I am now continue with editing in older version without any further problems.
taffinou is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS