Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 10-01-2014, 08:41 AM   #1
Mick Jenner

Default Unable to move XDCAM UDF clips into edius 5

I am away from my home editing computer so only have my laptop with me. I have just recorded some 1920-1080 meg2 long gop with UDF 50Mbps in hd422 clips with a sony pmw 300. I have edius 5 on my laptop and have downloaded sonys latest content browser as well as sonys UDF driver.
The content browser recognises and plays the the clips but I am unable to drag them into the bin in edius 5 as they are not recognise. I expect 5 does not handle these type of clips, but could somebody please confirm if this is the case.

I do have a edius 7 system at home, are there any issues with sony UDF files, capturing and playing in Edius. Any help appreciated as I need to decide which format I film in over the next few days.

Mick
Old 10-01-2014, 09:04 AM   #2
Liverpool TV

Hi Mick.

As long as your computer can see the UDF media, this shouldn't cause any issues. If you can see the UDF formatted media, you should be able to copy media to your computer, directly or via a Sony browser.

If Edius 5 does not import them, it does sound like 5 does not support the codec.

Cheers,
Dave.

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?
Liverpool TV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:29 AM   #3
Mick Jenner

Thanks Dave, yes I can copy the clips to a file on the computer, just can't open in E5. Although sony content browser reads them, sony clip browser won't which I believe is correct. Just want to make sure that 7 will open and edit them ok and that I am not doing something wrong

Mick
Old 10-01-2014, 11:20 AM   #4
antonsvideo

I use clips from my PMW-400 daily and they work fine, using EDIUS7 (latest)

1. you can add them via EDIUS source browser, add and transfer to bin, high res

2. with windows explorer, copy just the clip files to hard disk and then open in bin (fastest method)

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 11:27 AM   #5
Mick Jenner

Hi Anton, thanks for that. Did you have to download the the Sony UDF driver on to your computer. Also have you tried the content browser as I use the old clip browser for filing and logging purposes.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:34 AM   #6
antonsvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Jenner View Post
Hi Anton, thanks for that. Did you have to download the the Sony UDF driver on to your computer. Also have you tried the content browser as I use the old clip browser for filing and logging purposes.
nope, not at all

if you don't have a card reader, simply connect the camera via USB to PC and acknowledge PC connection request with camera menu button, then just copy and paste, sort by type in the clips folder so that you only copy the clips and not the XML

alternatively, use the source browser but it is very slow when using large cards such as 128GB cards because EDIUS generates the waveform files as part of the transfer instead of after the transfer

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS