Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 04:08 AM   #1
antonsvideo

Default Track pactches off topic posts from Titles non synchronized?

yes, the V and A track patches always get me in trouble, I wish there was a way to disable this feature so that I can quickly drag a video clip from bin to V track without audio following

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro
Old 06-05-2011, 04:23 AM   #2
GrassValley_SL

You can do it 2 ways.
1 disable the audio pacth by click the Left top A.

Then drag to V track.

Watch the shade of the clip when dragging if you see the shade only on the V track release.

2 If you disable both you can drag a clip to either a v track or audio track without adding both. The shade will show what you are adding.
Attached Images
File Type: png drag 1.png (34.3 KB, 21 views)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 06-05-2011 at 05:10 AM.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:26 AM   #3
antonsvideo

let me do some more testing

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro
Old 06-05-2011, 04:31 AM   #4
GrassValley_SL

Here you go :a wmv when both are disabled.

The blue indicators show which tracks can be targeted.

Lock a track when testing and you will see that the locked track does not get a blue indicator because it cannot be targeted.

It is really easy if you look at the indicators and the shade.
I teach this stuff that's why it is easy :)

Edit..I forgot this when doing this in a split va mono workflow you should remember the stereo pair rule.
Attached Files
File Type: avi clip0014.avi (6.36 MB, 29 views)

Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 06-05-2011 at 04:49 AM.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:24 AM   #5
antonsvideo

it does not work for me, when a and v are disabled, I can drag my va clip to v or a, but not bring in v and a at the same time

here is what I need:

drag va clip from bin to va1 track
drag va clip from bin to v2 or higher track as insert (no audio wanted)
drag va clip from bin to a1 or higher track to get the sound of this clip (no video wanted)

all this is easy in E5 and I don't need to perform extra clicks by disabling and enabling track patches

Old 06-05-2011, 08:02 AM   #6
antonsvideo

also, when v and a track patches are disabled, titles can't be crated in any v track, I would have to add a T track in order to add a title

Old 06-05-2011, 08:10 AM   #7
EraseAndRewind

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post

all this is easy in E5 and I don't need to perform extra clicks by disabling and enabling track patches
every thing is easy in Edius 5 in comparison.

I still have not gotten 6 yet, might consider after NX drivers are released, but find the free tutorial a little worrying.
So much extra clicking here and there, I like innovation and improvements, the more the better, but not sure if this is it.

Edius was and is a strong piece of software, stood out from the rest, but that is slowly changing, no point to try to look like the other big names, stay unique, click less, not more !
Old 06-05-2011, 02:06 PM   #8
GrassValley_SL

Anton come on. You asked to drag a clip to a V or a A track separate in your original post. Now you come up with a bunch of other stuff which the answer was not intended for.
But I will answer those step by step.

Quote:
drag va clip from bin to va1 track
Leave both top patches enabled

Quote:
drag va clip from bin to v2 or higher track as insert (no audio wanted)
Disable the to A patch

Quote:
drag va clip from bin to a1 or higher track to get the sound of this clip (no video wanted)
Disable To V Patch

Extra If you disable both the V and A patch you can target both V or A tracks separate.

Quote:
This is true but EDIUS 6 changed as you know.

Keyboard shorts for enable /disable 7 (video) and 8 (audio)

Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 06-05-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:51 PM   #9
Harro

Seems like most people were pleased with the features and workflow that v5.51 had. Why on earth was v6 produced to add some features but at the same time alter the workflow enough to irritate most users? Surely feature changes/improvements could have been implemented and old, proven workflows retained. Mmmm... maybe then it would have been an upgrade rather than a purchase of a "new and improved" version.
PS Thermaltake 1kW.
Graphics Gigabyte GTX1660 OC.
OS:Intel 535 SSD 480 GB, Data: two 2TB WD Cavier Black, RAID 0.
Cameras: Sony EX1, AX100, x1000v, A7R4, DJI Mavic 2 Pro
SW: Edius v8.53 WG, Vegas 17 Pro, CS6, Resolve Studio 16, Hitfilm 2017, Sound Forge 13, SpectraLayers Pro v2.1, Neat Video v5, Vistitle 2.8.5 TMPEnc VMWorks 7, Auth. Works 6, MochaPro v4.1, PluralEyes 2.1.0, Robuskey, DVD Architect 7, 3D LUT Creator.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:57 PM   #10
GrassValley_SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harro View Post
Seems like most people were pleased with the features and workflow that v5.51 had.
Why on earth was v6 produced to add some features but at the same time alter the workflow enough to irritate most users? Surely feature changes/improvements could have been implemented and old, proven workflows retained. Mmmm... maybe then it would have been an upgrade rather than a purchase of a "new and improved" version.
This is an unfounded statement.
While it is true some people have issues there are users who use EDIUS 6 perfectly fine.
Remember you cannot base your statement on what you see the forum .
There are only 764 active members (9,704 members) of which some have issues with EDIUS 6. ( active members not even 1% of the licenses we have out there but these users are very important to us ...)

There are legitimate issues, there are also many issues people have because they have not taken the time to try to grasp the new workflow.
Am I happy with all the changes, No.. but I do understand that some where necessary to help us sell systems in to markets which we are going after. Some which buy 2 times more licenses then we have active members in one sell. Hardware and servers too.

Some changes needed to be a certain way to accommodate certain workflows.

We knew these changes would be enormous that's why we communicated certain things up front. We had tutorials ready and documents.

We also listen to the forum and when things are reported we try to improve or adjust things within reason and if it does not break stuff.

We try as hard as we can to show how stuff can be done with EDIUS 6. If you have a listening ear you can learn how to work within the workflow.

This forum has some very knowledgeable people who are willing to help.

Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 06-06-2011 at 01:24 AM.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS