Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ADVC

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 01:33 PM   #21
AmuroRey

Thanks but I need one with S-VHS IN
The ADVC-300 is TBC ?

Last edited by AmuroRey; 08-17-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:35 AM   #22
antonsvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRey View Post
Thanks but I need one with S-VHS IN
The ADVC-300 is TBC ?
it has Line Time Base Correction which is better than no TBC (it should fix your problem)

the best TBC is a Full Frame TBC

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro
Old 08-18-2008, 08:18 AM   #23
AmuroRey

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
it has Line Time Base Correction which is better than no TBC (it should fix your problem)

the best TBC is a Full Frame TBC
Sure but a full TBC is avery expensive unit for my puprpose ...
I want only to reverse my old Hi8 tape on a DVD and I take a Canopus ADVC-55 because I think will be working bettere that all the cheaper USB conversion unit you can find on the market ... but know I know that it's not true !
ADVC-55 is exactly like cheaper USB conversion unit, and for me a little worse ...
Could you explain better why if I see the tape on a TV a I can see it well and if I try to reversit on a PC I need a TBC unit ?

Thanks

Luca
Old 08-18-2008, 08:42 AM   #24
antonsvideo

TV's are very forgiving when it comes to time base errors, if your TV has underscan, you possibly see the errors right at top with the picture bending to the right with a horizontal jitter

another cheap option for you is to hire a Digital8 handycam for a day, it will play regular Hi8 tapes with stable output to firewire

I am also sure that the Line Time Base Corrector of the 300 will work

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Last edited by antonsvideo; 08-18-2008 at 08:55 AM.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:53 PM   #25
AmuroRey

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
TV's are very forgiving when it comes to time base errors, if your TV has underscan, you possibly see the errors right at top with the picture bending to the right with a horizontal jitter

another cheap option for you is to hire a Digital8 handycam for a day, it will play regular Hi8 tapes with stable output to firewire

I am also sure that the Line Time Base Corrector of the 300 will work
Sorry but I really don't understand why an USB converter, that cost less than an half of the ADVC-55, probably it's working better than Canopus unit ... Sorry but I can't understand !
Is like to say that a car with 50 horses is faster than a car with 500 horses !
I also don't know why GV man doesn't answare any more to my post ...
If they are working for GV, he can contact support office to advice that a customer have live "some" support requests ...
I really don't understand that, we are in a Canopus forum so is NOT possible to tell something "wrong" about GV and Canopus ?
I only told that the Italian support of Canopus/GV (Rekeo) products are bad, but I think that anyone can think that if the support will be close for a month for holiday is not good support
I write 5 or 6 support requests, via web module, and also write E-Mail to Canopus and Rekeo NO ONE RELAY, I don't know haw can I do to have the REGULAR WARRANTY SUPPORT

Luca

Last edited by AmuroRey; 08-18-2008 at 09:01 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:24 PM   #26
GrassValley_KH
Mr Sparkle

Ok, this has gone on far enough.

We (being the collective forum) have determined that either:

1. Your source footage is too destabilised for capture via the ADVC, without additional equipment

or

2. The ADVC unit itself is faulty

To address #2 you will need to either arrange a replacement from the point of purchase, or with the distributor, Rekeo. WE CANNOT ARRANGE A SUPPORT RMA VIA THE FORUM.

Please be advised that any breaking of forum rules and guidelines will be dealt with - this includes slanderous remarks concerning Thomson, its resellers and other forum patrons (staff or otherwise).

I am happy to let this thread continue, but only if you agree to keep your responses on-topic, relative to the assistance being provided here. Otherwise, I have no choice but to close this down.

Thanks.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:04 AM   #27
AmuroRey

Again I don't understand, I want to know why I need a TBC o something other with ADVC when an USB unit doesn't need one ?
And Again can you explain to Rekeo or Canopus or GV that the Warranty of my ADVC will be longer of one month because for one month the support was closed for holiday ?
Could you tell me at with person a can ask that in Canopus, because in Italy the distributor is missing ?
Or for you is it normal thai I take somthing, I payed for it, and I will be able to use it ONLY when support will be available ?
I payed also for all these 30 days ...

I know your replay, so now you can close the post

Thanks

Luca

Last edited by AmuroRey; 08-19-2008 at 08:11 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:00 PM   #28
GrassValley_BH
Demystifier/Analogizer

Quote:
Again I don't understand, I want to know why I need a TBC o something other with ADVC when an USB unit doesn't need one ?
Quote:
And Again can you explain to Rekeo or Canopus or GV that the Warranty of my ADVC will be longer of one month because for one month the support was closed for holiday ?
Could you tell me at with person a can ask that in Canopus, because in Italy the distributor is missing ?
I am fairly certain that the ADVC110 has more than a 1-month warranty period. In fact, it should be at or more than one year. But it can vary by region.

Quote:
I know your replay, so now you can close the post
Getting irritated at the people who are trying to help isn't very useful or productive. Your statement that you know what the repsonse will be is silly. If you knew what the response was, then why make the post?

Regardless, calm down and send your complaint to desktop.sales.emea@thomson.net.

Now I will grant your wish and close this thread so others that have been trying to assist you don't feel insulted and lash back at you.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ADVC