Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Hardware and Accessories

Old 08-13-2008, 04:11 PM   #1
mikemachine

Default Which dvd authoring software is better for edius sp

Hi i want to create my personal dvd menu without using any template, before using the edius sp i owned a matrox cacpturing card and i used to use the reel dvd program, now i dont know which software is better for my new edius.

Oh and by the way, i tried to use the reel dvd with edius made files and it does not work, so i assume that it will be better to buy new dvd software authoring software.

Thanks
mikemachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:42 PM   #2
GrassValley_KH
Mr Sparkle

It's been a while since I used Reel DVD, but I'm not aware of any incompatibilities with our MPEG data in past experience.

What settings are you using to export?

As for alternatives - if you're coming from a Reel DVD background, you might want to look at DVDLab. I understand that it employs a bit of the same 'flow chart' type of authoring that Reel DVD lives on (in terms of constructing your disc's navigation).
GrassValley_KH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:02 AM   #3
antonsvideo

Reel DVD and DVD Lab Pro require elementary streams, Edius can't do these

you have to use ProCoder or ProCoder Express or Tmpeg4 Xpress

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 06:06 AM   #4
GrassValley_BH
Demystifier/Analogizer

Reel DVD, at least last I remember, also requires that any MPEG audio has the CRC (aka Protection) enabled.
GrassValley_BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:38 AM   #5
antonsvideo

luckily mpeg audio is no longer a valid DVD audio format

it is also slowly being dropped in PAL land

already dead in NTSC land

ac3 or wav is the go

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
Old 08-18-2008, 12:49 PM   #6
mikemachine

well guys thanks for the answer, fist of all tell you that i have tried to export in mpeg2 straight from the edit line, didn't work; then exported a dv file and used the procoder to make it mpeg2, didn't work, then used the tmpgenc 4.0 didn't work.

and every time I take my mpeg2 file (always demultiplexed) to the reel dvd it collapses.

I assume that it is better to work with another dvd authoring software, but which one?
mikemachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:08 PM   #7
antonsvideo

I use DVD Lab Pro www.mediachance.com
It is easy to use, cheap and a 100 x better than Reel DVD (and I have used Reel DVD in the early days)

check the "quick tutorial" section of the manual
http://mediachance.com/dvdlab/Helppro/index.htm

Old 08-18-2008, 04:51 PM   #8
Khoi Pham

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemachine View Post
well guys thanks for the answer, fist of all tell you that i have tried to export in mpeg2 straight from the edit line, didn't work; then exported a dv file and used the procoder to make it mpeg2, didn't work, then used the tmpgenc 4.0 didn't work.

and every time I take my mpeg2 file (always demultiplexed) to the reel dvd it collapses.

I assume that it is better to work with another dvd authoring software, but which one?
There is something wrong with your workflow, I use ProCoder and Reel DVD before and it works just fine.
Khoi Pham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:32 AM   #9
july8a3@yahoo.com

edius 4.6 and after AE CS3 wrol fine for me, the problem is occured when you upgrade the edius to 4.61 so im stack on 4.6
july8a3@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Hardware and Accessories