Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > FIRECODER Blu & Pegasus

Old 03-30-2009, 03:32 PM   #1
stanleychow

Default is FireCoder Blu accerlate encoding only with FireCoder Writer?

i just have an FCB but actually i don't know much about it. How does FCB accerlate encoding? How can i know FCB accerlate encoding? is it only work together the bundled FireCoder Writer? is there any other software which will work with FCB card? i know that Edius 5 will work with FCB later, but before that, only FireCoder Writer is the only solution?

Many thanks!
stanleychow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:17 PM   #2
GrassValley_KH
Mr Sparkle

FIRECODER Writer and AVCHD2HQ are the only two applications that make use of the hardware at this time.
GrassValley_KH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:17 PM   #3
burnandreturn

So does that mean that the FCB doesn't get used with AVCHDPRV? I was thinking to buy a FCB to view ACVHD files off loaded from camera SDHC card to hard drive on computer and view the video imediately and not use the camera.
I read here that a PS3 would play the files streamed to it but for not much more money I could buy the FCB and have a encoder also.
burnandreturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:35 PM   #4
GrassValley_KH
Mr Sparkle

My bad - when I said "AVCHD2HQ" I was referring to both tools - the previewer and the converter can both use FIRECODER Blu for decoding streams via hardware.
GrassValley_KH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:36 PM   #5
SRsupport
Grass Cutter Gold

AVCHD PRV uses the Firecoder BLU. That's why the settings are there. :)
For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net
SRsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:21 PM   #6
NakedEye

I think it is a great idea to buy an FCB especially for encoding your streams....however untill you do buy one why not try VLC Media Player if you just want to preview your AVCHD files pre conversion.....it also freeware.

Just a thought

Dave.
Main Editor - Edius 8.53 AdobeCC Mini Monitor 4K Intel X99P SLI Intel Core i7 6800K CPU Gigabyte GTX980 SanDisk Ultra Video SSD 1XINTEL System SSD 16GB Kingston DDR4 2400 RAM VisTitle 2.8 Onboard Sound 10GBE LAN WIN10Pro 64bit

Encoding - Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT Intel 4790K CPU Gigabyte GTX550Ti Gigabyte GTX980 Western Digital HDD's LG Blu-ray drive, 16GB Kingston DDR3 1600 RAM BMD Mini Monitor 4K Edius 8.53 Creative Cloud Win 10 64bit Pro
www.nakedeyedv.com
NakedEye is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > FIRECODER Blu & Pegasus