Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ProCoder

Old 08-15-2008, 07:20 PM   #1
LUCI5R

Default 1080p/5.1 Conversion for XBOX360 Playback - Possible?

Ave,

I'm not sure if ProCoder support this kind of Encoding/Conversion. Is it possible to ...

- Use a multimedia container (MKV for instance) consisting of High Definition Audio & Video (For instance, h.264/DTS or AC3) and encode it to a HD Format compliant with XBOX 360 playback (WMV-HD VC-1 / WMA 10 Pro 5.1 Audio)?

- Use a true Blu-ray source from a Blu-ray Disc, and extract a Title (m2ts) and encode to to a compliant XBOX 360 playback video (WMV-HD VC-1 / WMA 10 Pro 5.1 Audio)?

In a jist, can ProCoder take an MKV or m2ts input and output as WMV-HD/WMA10?

Thanks
LUCI5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:32 PM   #2
GrassValley_KH
Mr Sparkle

ProCoder can be a little picky on what you try to import directly. What you should do is install the relevant splitters (e.g. Haali) and AVISynth.

Create an AVISynth script for your MKV source and import that script into ProCoder 3. It should then allow you to convert to WMV HD.

(Really though, I'd have thought that XBox media center software would be tweakable to support additional video playback formats by now.. *shrug*)
GrassValley_KH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:04 PM   #3
LUCI5R

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
ProCoder can be a little picky on what you try to import directly. What you should do is install the relevant splitters (e.g. Haali) and AVISynth.

Create an AVISynth script for your MKV source and import that script into ProCoder 3. It should then allow you to convert to WMV HD.

(Really though, I'd have thought that XBox media center software would be tweakable to support additional video playback formats by now.. *shrug*)
Hey,

Thanks for your reply. I got side-tracked by some other projects. Coming back to this now.

I have an MKV with an h.264 Video & DTS audio.
I installed AVISynth 2.5 and I already have appropriate MKV splitters (Haali) etc.

The simple AVISynth script I wrote to import the MKV...

DirectShowSource("C:\name.mkv")

and saved it as an *.avs file.

Now, when I specify this script as my Source in ProCoder, it shows me the Audio information but it's not showing me any Video information having been imported. As a test, I ran a small 2 minute encode and it resulted in just the Audio being encoded - no video at all anywhere.

What am I missing? How do I get the Video to show up as well upon import?

Thanks!
LUCI5R is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ProCoder