Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 02-06-2020, 02:35 AM   #1
rednewt74

Default Duplicating multicam sequence

Most of my editing is 3 or 4 cameras of live music events and either a multitrack, board feed, or 4 track recording on Tascam 70dr for primary audio.
I am a trial user at this point. I am having great success with audio video syncing.
Once I have created a multicam sequence, I would like to save it (or part of it) or duplicate it.
For saving a portion of the sequence, I have tried add to bin, add to bin as sequence (between in/out points), and convert in/out to sequence.
Converting does not include audio. Adding includes audio but only 1 video source track. I have looked through the manual and the forum on this and I can't find a solution.
Is there a "crop project to current in/out points or selection" feature?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
rednewt74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 12:39 PM   #2
BernH

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednewt74 View Post
Most of my editing is 3 or 4 cameras of live music events and either a multitrack, board feed, or 4 track recording on Tascam 70dr for primary audio.
I am a trial user at this point. I am having great success with audio video syncing.
Once I have created a multicam sequence, I would like to save it (or part of it) or duplicate it.
For saving a portion of the sequence, I have tried add to bin, add to bin as sequence (between in/out points), and convert in/out to sequence.
Converting does not include audio. Adding includes audio but only 1 video source track. I have looked through the manual and the forum on this and I can't find a solution.
Duplicating a full sequence is easily done by right-clicking the sequence in the bin and selecting duplicate in the pop-up menu.

Duplicating a portion as a new sequence is easily done by marking an in/out on the timeline around the area you want and selecting Edit>Add sequence to bin>In/Out. The "all" option should be the dame as the duplicate I mentioned above.

This takes all tracks for me, just as it is supposed to.
Edius WG 9.52.5886, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.8.0.5, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 4TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x2TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software RAID 0/stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).
BernH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 12:49 PM   #3
GrassValley_SL

Quote:
Add sequence to bin should give you your audio with : in /out and all.
Set sequence in out will give Video only.

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support
GrassValley_SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 09:23 PM   #4
rednewt74

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernH View Post
Duplicating a full sequence is easily done by right-clicking the sequence in the bin and selecting duplicate in the pop-up menu.

Duplicating a portion as a new sequence is easily done by marking an in/out on the timeline around the area you want and selecting Edit>Add sequence to bin>In/Out. The "all" option should be the dame as the duplicate I mentioned above.

This takes all tracks for me, just as it is supposed to.
Thank you for the prompt replies. I did finally figure out the issue I was having.
This thread can be closed
Old 02-06-2020, 10:05 PM   #5
rednewt74

Default not working

I thought I had found a way to get a whole or partial multicam sequence into the bin. But when I add them to a new sequence I only get one camera angle.
I have tried every version of add to bin and no joy.
But, I just discovered that if I double click on the multicam track in an existing sequence, it duplicates into a new multicam sequence.
I wonder if part of the issue is that I am adding a multicam sequence to the bin, but then adding it back into a "regular sequence". Would renaming the new sequence to multicam before dragging the clip from the bin solve the issue?
Old 02-07-2020, 12:51 PM   #6
GrassValley_SL

When you put a sequence in a Timeline sequence it will show as one clip. That is how EDIUS works.
When you open it it will give you access to the clips (selection of that sequence)

You are not getting one camera angle but you see the active clips (from the multicam switch or if you have not switched the top track) for the the sequence you put in the other timeline sequence.

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support
GrassValley_SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 03:12 PM   #7
BernH

Quote:
I thought I had found a way to get a whole or partial multicam sequence into the bin. But when I add them to a new sequence I only get one camera angle.
I have tried every version of add to bin and no joy.
But, I just discovered that if I double click on the multicam track in an existing sequence, it duplicates into a new multicam sequence.
I wonder if part of the issue is that I am adding a multicam sequence to the bin, but then adding it back into a "regular sequence". Would renaming the new sequence to multicam before dragging the clip from the bin solve the issue?
As Steve just mentioned, if you drop one timeline on another, you see one clip, but this is not piece of video. It is a place holder for the other timeline. By doing this, you are nesting or containerizing one timeline inside another, If you prefer to see all the layers on the new timeline, you have to select everything on the old one, and copy it, then go to the new one and paste, instead of nesting.

This is normal behavior when nesting/containerizing in every software that does it. The one thing to be aware of is that the container in this case is a live link to the old timeline. If you open the container, you are in the old timeline, if you open the old timeline, your changes are reflected in the container, if you deleted the old timeline, you have just emptied your container, etc. Some other softwares I have used treated containers as a copy of the other timeline, not a live link as Edius does.
Edius WG 9.52.5886, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.8.0.5, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 4TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x2TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software RAID 0/stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).
BernH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 05:50 PM   #8
rednewt74

Default will continue to study

I will try to see if my sequences are in fact multicam not a single view.
Through tutorials, I had discovered the nesting ability of Edius. I have used it to color grade the multiple views each in a separate sequence and then putting the result in a multicam container. I find this especially helpful when I find I need to tweak something on one camera after I have started editing.
Thanks again for your help.

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS