Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ProCoder

Old 10-13-2011, 03:25 PM   #1
tonester80

Default Issue with playing MPEG-4 audio

Hi,

I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this issue, so any help will be greatly appreciated because it is driving me nuts!

Basically, there is an issue when converting any file (mainly AVI, WMV or QT) to an MPEG4 file using the MPEG-4 option of the 'QuickTime Plugin' preset on Procoder 3.05.91. When I play the file out through any of my media players, there is no audio at all throughout the file.

Now I'm not sure whether this is a Procoder or an AAC-LC codec issue, but it seems to have happened ever since I changed over from XP 32-bit to Windows 7 64-bit. I think this may be where the problem lies, as I currently also have Procoder on a Windows 7 32-bit machine, and this problem doesn't exist.

However when I open the source file in QuickTime player and export the movie as an MPEG-4 movie, the resulting file plays with audio and is absolutely fine. It uses the same Export Settings menu as Procoder, which leaves me to believe it isn't a codec issue and is indeed a bug inside Procoder.

Either way, I'm rather baffled. Thankfully the QuickTime option allows me to convert to MPEG-4, but it would be good to to the bottom of this issue so that I can use Procoder bug-free!

I have tried unistalling and re-installing several versions of Procoder, including the latest 3.6 version, but nothing I have tried seems to make a difference...

Regards,
Tony
tonester80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:51 PM   #2
btv10

Default MP4 Audio Problem with Procoder

I have the same issue
I am still on XP and Procoder 3. Everything has been working fine for three years. All of a sudden the MP4 files made in Procoder stopped producing an audio track. The target calls for an audio track. There is audio on the source file. Everything is the same as it has been since Procoder was installed three years ago.

The other targets all produce audio tracks. Only the MP4 target is broken. I've tried removing and reinstalling Procoder but when I do that my old custom targets are still there so I know windows is not removing everything from Procoder.

Does anyone know where the targets are stored? Maybe if I could toss those and then reinstall Procoder I would have better luck.
btv10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:30 PM   #3
GrassValley_BH
Demystifier/Analogizer

Are you sure QuickTime hasn't updated itself?
GrassValley_BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:14 PM   #4
epontius

I'm also seeing this issue. I think it is due to a Quicktime update. I had several h.264 MP4 container encoding profiles set up in procoder that were functioning just fine. Had an Win7 64-bit editing system that hadn't been connected to the internet until just last week. I noticed a Apple software updater that popped up and it gave the option to update QT to the latest release. I chose to do so.
A day or so later I encoded some videos to h.264 MP4 using the presets and then noticed that they contained no audio track whatsoever only the video track.
I just tried another system which was Win XP 32-bit using the same encoding profile and same thing, no audio in the MP4 file. Both of these systems are using QT 7.7.1
A 3rd system running Win7 64-bit has not been updated, and is using 7.6.7. Encoding using the same H.264 mp4 profile results in audio track being included.
So it is definitely related to the QT 7.7.1 build.
epontius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:38 AM   #5
antonsvideo

QT 7.71 is faulty

you need to uninstall and install an earlier version, or wait for someone to update ProCoder to support 7.71 (maybe in your next life)

QT 7.71 will be supported in the next version of EDIUS 6.06

so it appears a permanent change has been made by apple that won't be changed back the old way, so you will always need to use an older version to get audio

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ProCoder