Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 05-23-2009, 03:52 PM   #1
VANTRI

Default Is there any conflict?

Hi big brothers,
In XP sp2 OS I installed two editting applications, they are Edius v4.6 and Premiere pro CS 3, both of them work well: I can see/monitor the footage while capturing in either of their capturing window. But in Vista 64 I also installed two editting softwares: Edius v5.0 and Premiere cs 4, I can only view the video when capturing with Edius, the video captured with Premiere was not displayed in capturing window while capturing, not like in the XP OS. But when finishing capturing with Premiere cs4, I can view the video in either the Preview window or the timeline window. Can any one have idea? And of course Edius works well with these footages, it's really great. Thanks in advance.
Van Tri.
VANTRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:33 AM   #2
halo_bone

Default Re: edius ppro conflict

Van Tri,

What type of video are you capturing?

Beings it probably is not a conflict between the two programs being installed, this is not an Edius related answer:

Have your checked PPRO capture settings? Project settings-->Capture-->Advanced. Here you will find the preview settings for where it previews the video During Capture. CS4 may have video & audio preview on desktop disabled by default.

Also, I asked video format, because typically Premiere does not allow desktop playback video for HD formats during capture. I think this is true for CS3 and CS4. Where as with standard definition video, it has the option of turning it on or off via the capture settings (above).

--

Sorry for the PPro support on GV forums. However,

I have heard of a direct conflict between Edius v4.6 (<--specifically this version, which you have) and it crashing After Effects CS3; maybe this is an extension of that compatibility issue. Search the forums for more information on that subject.

You could try installing the trial of the latest version from Edius's homepage, and see if that fixed it for you. Or uninstall Edius temporarily, and see if that fixes the preview in PPro. If you are capturing standard def DV, this may pinpoint your issue. If you are capturing something like HDV, it's likely PPro just doesn't support playback during capture, as Edius imovie vegas and fcp all do.

Tyler

Last edited by halo_bone; 05-25-2009 at 02:41 AM.
halo_bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:19 PM   #3
VANTRI

Default problem not solved. Edius capturing is more beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by halo_bone View Post
Van Tri,

What type of video are you capturing?

Beings it probably is not a conflict between the two programs being installed, this is not an Edius related answer:

Have your checked PPRO capture settings? Project settings-->Capture-->Advanced. Here you will find the preview settings for where it previews the video During Capture. CS4 may have video & audio preview on desktop disabled by default.

Also, I asked video format, because typically Premiere does not allow desktop playback video for HD formats during capture. I think this is true for CS3 and CS4. Where as with standard definition video, it has the option of turning it on or off via the capture settings (above).

--

Sorry for the PPro support on GV forums. However,

I have heard of a direct conflict between Edius v4.6 (<--specifically this version, which you have) and it crashing After Effects CS3; maybe this is an extension of that compatibility issue. Search the forums for more information on that subject.

You could try installing the trial of the latest version from Edius's homepage, and see if that fixed it for you. Or uninstall Edius temporarily, and see if that fixes the preview in PPro. If you are capturing standard def DV, this may pinpoint your issue. If you are capturing something like HDV, it's likely PPro just doesn't support playback during capture, as Edius imovie vegas and fcp all do.

Tyler
Hi, brother, firstly, thank you very much for your useful message, I tried as you said but no vail, then I captured with Edius and editted with it. I captured with DV format and run on the Vista 64 sp1, Intel Core 2 Dual 2.4Gh, 4Gb ram, EAH2600 VGA 512 Mb and lots of free spaces of HDD. I am waiting for the final Edius v.5 with alpha supports, hope that new v5x series will work better. I don't think v5.0 works stablely at the monent. Once again, thank you so much Halo_Bone.
VANTRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:24 PM   #4
SRsupport
Grass Cutter Gold

EDIUS is at version 5.11
For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net
SRsupport is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS