Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Hardware and Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 06:33 PM   #1
AnaAntonio

Default NX Express drivers for edius 6

Hello...

I searched for other threads about this, but they are all a couple of months old, so... Is there any ideia of when will NX Express drivers for edius 6 be released?

thank you
Old 02-15-2011, 09:41 PM   #2
Harro

Sometime in 2011 is the standard reply, hopefully before Christmas or the release of Edius v7.
PS Thermaltake 1kW.
Graphics Gigabyte GT680 OC.
OS:Intel 535 SSD 480 GB, Data: two 2TB WD Cavier Black, RAID 0.
Cameras: Sony EX1, AX100, x1000v, A7R2, DJI Mavic 2 Pro
SW: Edius v8.53 WG, Vegas 17 Pro, CS6, Resolve Studio 15, Hitfilm 2017, Sound Forge 13, SpectraLayers Pro v2.1, Neat Video v5, Vistitle 2.8.5 TMPEnc VMWorks 7, Auth. Works 6, MochaPro v4.1, PluralEyes 2.1.0, Robuskey, DVD Architect 7, 3D LUT Creator.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:25 PM   #3
SoundFreak
Banned

It was mentioned mid 2011 but more often now it's 2011, we'll have to sit this one out.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:33 PM   #4
AnaAntonio

Ok... that is bad news...
I really hope they speed that up...

Last edited by AnaAntonio; 02-16-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:49 PM   #5
Case

Warning: "There he goes again!"

I think it's a real shame that GV has elected to take the slow track (or no track?) concerning producing NX drivers. I find it hard to swallow considering the company (Canopus->Thompson->GV) has a long history of crowing about how their hardware is "scaleable", and thus does not become obsolete nearly as fast as the competition's. In fact, according to their marketing, their stuff gets better as PC's get better for years. Well, at least until they stop delivering drivers compatible with their latest NLE software.

Now before you get your hackles up, I fully understand that I cannot expect manufacturers to support high-tech hardware indefinitely (You didn't hear a peep out of me about the REX or Storm, which Canopus supported for years after discontinuing them, and both of which I own). But come on GV, the NX is not the Rex or Storm. I can still buy the NX from dozens of sources, and the NX still has dedicated web pages on the GV website. The only place I found referring to the NX as "discontinued" was B&H, but I think that they only mean that it's discontinued in their catalog.

When Thompson bought Canopus, I hoped one of the benefits would be more openness between them and their loyal user base. It didn't happen. Being the eternal optimist, I'm hoping that GV's new liberation will bring more openness. So, how 'bout it, GV. Will you provide accurate information about the NX drivers?....A date that you can meet and that we can live with, or just plain say that you aren't going to develop NX drivers.

At least then, your loyal NX users can make informed decisions about which direction to take in the continual task of keeping up-to-date with our NLE systems. Or in my case, upgrading to E6 on both my NX and HD Storm systems.

Errrr....Come to think of it.....What's next, the HDStorm?

Last edited by Case; 02-23-2011 at 09:56 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:04 AM   #6
SoundFreak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Case View Post
Warning: "There he goes again!"
I always thought I was the only one who felt like that !

Quote:
Errrr....Come to think of it.....What's next, the HDStorm?
10 points, you guessed well.
Even buying the Elite will just buy you a few years, remember the HBX1000 drivers ?
Old 02-24-2011, 02:34 PM   #7
David Clarke

Actually what i always heard was 2nd quarter 2011 which should be March-June. At the recent BVE show in London someone was apparantly saying 4-8 weeks. Bascially the NX drivers are completely different to the SPARK etc so they need more work and as I see it they had to get 6.02 out the door first and then they could work on other improvements.

To be honest I don't have anything concrete but i still think Christmas or before EDIUS 7 is way too pessimistic!
Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10
Old 03-10-2011, 09:51 PM   #8
Imagine Video

Case on point....pun intended!
Asus P5K64WS, Intel Core 2 Quad QX6850 Extreme CPU, Saphire HD 3850 512mb graphics, WDraptor160 OS, Highpoint Rocket raid 2310 4 x 500gig Seagate sata 2 se drives in raid 0, NXe and Edius 5.51 Imaginate 2.
Procoder 3.06 and various Prodad add-ons
Old 03-18-2011, 02:29 AM   #9
Case

"Even buying the Elite will just buy you a few years, remember the HBX1000 drivers ?"

Well, if GV is not motivated to get out NX drivers timely, then they could should consider removing the NX off of their website as a current product.

Or at the very least make it perfectly clear that all NX functions (I assume one might be inclined to buy one if they expected all it's functionality to work) are not supported in the latest version of Edius.

Also, maybe GV should stop touting "scaleability" as one of the advantages of their hardware. Scaleability being the thing that extends the useful lifetime of the hardware. Why tout scaleability when their software is designed to make their hardware obsolete anyway?

Canopus lives on! (Lordy, there he goes again, again)
Old 03-18-2011, 02:58 AM   #10
SoundFreak
Banned

Quote:
Why tout scaleability when their software is designed to make their hardware obsolete anyway?

Canopus lives on! (Lordy, there he goes again, again)
That was Canopus way, This is however drastically changing ;(
What can I say that isn't be said before, they spend some time on the tv station with 5000 suites and another with a 1000 suites, they all use spark :)
Now all resources are back on the old drivers and they are coming, sooooon ....... Most likely this year.

I hear chains clinging, looking for the pad lock now.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Hardware and Accessories