Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Third Party Products

Old 11-29-2018, 12:36 AM   #1
Chrisss

Default VST-Plugin-Bridge missing

Hey guys,

for the last 11 hours i was trying to get to run DeVerberate 2 under Edius 9 64bit(latest Update) on a windows 10 64bit system. The problem is, that the VST Bridge is missing and no Plugins can be found. After talking (Team Viewer) to the magic multi media support here in germany it was clear, that there is a problem with windows 10 and my Edius installation but the guy said he couldn't help me any more.

The VST Bridge is not installed or at least it is not shown in the effects tab. After a lot of different installations etc. i even made a clean installation of windows 10 64bit but the problem still exists.

Then i tried on my laptop. Here i have Edius 7 64bit installed and Windows 7 64bit and the VST Bridge is NOT MISSING. Unfortunately DeVerberate 2 is not working there either because it is not linked to the VST Bridge (although i linked the path to the installed VST Plugins).

Then i made an new installation of Edius 7 64bit on my Windows 10 64bit system and again the VST Bridge is missing...so either Edius 9 or Edius 7 is missing the VST Bridge on my Windows 10 64bit system - does anybody have a clue what is going on there?

Thank you guys!
Christian
Chrisss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:18 PM   #2
GrassValley_SL

First the vst bridge is installed with EDIUS and you would see "bridge in the effects pallet

1 Do you have any other VST plug-ins installed? If so which?
2 Did you go to system settings, effects , vst bridge to add the vst? If the bridge entry missing there?
3 If the VST bridge entry is missing in the system settings you have an unsupported VST installed .
If so:
If you know the folder you linked to rename it to ".old" this will EDIUS load the bridge entry.

Your issue does not have anything to do with windows 10 See the screen grab from EDIUS on my machine . Windows 10 en EDIUS.

They also show on 2 other Windows 10 machines.
Attached Images
File Type: png VST.PNG (146.9 KB, 15 views)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 12-01-2018 at 05:15 PM.
GrassValley_SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 05:07 PM   #3
BernH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisss View Post
Hey guys,

for the last 11 hours i was trying to get to run DeVerberate 2 under Edius 9 64bit(latest Update) on a windows 10 64bit system. The problem is, that the VST Bridge is missing and no Plugins can be found. After talking (Team Viewer) to the magic multi media support here in germany it was clear, that there is a problem with windows 10 and my Edius installation but the guy said he couldn't help me any more.

The VST Bridge is not installed or at least it is not shown in the effects tab. After a lot of different installations etc. i even made a clean installation of windows 10 64bit but the problem still exists.

Then i tried on my laptop. Here i have Edius 7 64bit installed and Windows 7 64bit and the VST Bridge is NOT MISSING. Unfortunately DeVerberate 2 is not working there either because it is not linked to the VST Bridge (although i linked the path to the installed VST Plugins).

Then i made an new installation of Edius 7 64bit on my Windows 10 64bit system and again the VST Bridge is missing...so either Edius 9 or Edius 7 is missing the VST Bridge on my Windows 10 64bit system - does anybody have a clue what is going on there?

Thank you guys!
Christian
It could be a Win10 issue, but I am still on Win7 and will be until forced to change, so I can't comment further on that, or more likely, it could be a specific vst that you have causing the problem. Edius scans the VST folder during startup, and if it encounters a problematic plugin any number of problems can occur. However, my ramblings below may help you figure out what is happening, and possibly be a better option than trying to use the vst bridge.

Personally, I never use the VST bridge, because it essentially lets Edius scan and load all the plugins in the main system vst plugin folder.

In theory this is a great idea, but not all vst plugins are NLE friendly, since they were written for DAW use, and can cause NLE startup problems, crashing problems, vst loading problems, or at the very least severe latency problems if you can use them.

I prefer to make a copy of the vst's .dll file into Edius's "C:\Program Files\Grass Valley\EDIUS 9\PlugIn\VST" folder, and not enable the vst bridge. Edius will load it's own vst folder, regardless of the vst bridge setting. You will find all 64bit vst files installed in the "C:\Program Files\VSTPlugIns" folder (unless you directed your vst's to install elsewhere.

This allows me to install any vst plugin I want for use in audio applications, and selectively copy/enable the ones that are NLE friendly in Edius, keeping the unfriendly ones out of the mix. If I copy one in to test that causes problems in Edius, I simply delete the .dll from the Edius VST folder so Edius will not be able to load it anymore, but it is still available to any audio software I run.
Edius WG 9.31.4196, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 4TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x2TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software RAID 0/stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600)
BernH is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Third Party Products