Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2020, 12:05 AM   #1
Barry C

Default Upgrading From WG8 To WG9 ?

Apologies in advance if this has previously been covered.

Yesterday, I bought an upgrade from Markertek for $399. to upgrade my current version of Workgroup 8 to Workgroup 9. Today, I received an email with an attachment from Grass Valley giving instructions for download and installation. It said I was to download the Setup files from "the links below." There were several links for warranty, FAQ, activation errors, ect. There was NO LINK saying it was for download.
So, I'm a bit confused. It also stated that after I downloaded and started Edius, I would be asked for the serial mumber- I got that, and would be asked for my WG8 serial#. No problem there either. I did go into the GV website and updated my info to add the new WG9 serial number. I have found links for downloading WG9 for new systems, but not sure if this would be the right thing to do, or not, as I am updating a current system running WG8 as well as one new system with no previous installations.

So, any advice?

Second question:
I will be installing WG9 on one existing i7 4790 computer currently running Windows 8.1, the second installation will be on a new system running Windows 10 with a AMD 3960. I do a lot of time lapse using imported JPEGS and some Photoshop PSD stills. My current 4790 system has Quicktime and works fine with these still images. I'm assuming that the new Windows 10 system will not include Quicktime and the notes for WG9 seem to say that I WILL NOT be able to use these still image formats without it. Assuming this is true, is there a Quicktime link where I can download a version of it which will be compatible with WG 9.51 and the current version of Windows 10? Any advice and help will be appreciated.

Barry

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS