Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 11-12-2010, 12:13 AM   #21
Philip

Quote:
Originally Posted by anima3d View Post
Please tell me how can I Remove Background waveform generation from E6?
Not sure why you would want to disable the background waveform generation. In the Application Settings window there is an option to Pause Background Jobs on Playback. That way when you are trying to playback you get all your system resources. I have been using V6 on a laptop and an older quad (Q6600) and have not noticed any degradation in performance from background rendering. I have enjoyed not waiting for waveforms to generate on audio and video clips.
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:39 AM   #22
pjsssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by anima3d View Post
Please tell me how can I Remove Background waveform generation from E6?
Why would you want to do that?
pjsssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:22 PM   #23
shueardm

--- overlay visual display on timeline monitor at marker points..
Old 11-13-2010, 06:55 AM   #24
JimJulian

Default Speaking of waveforms

Can you edit audio waveforms in the preview window? I would prefer to make my music and other sfx edits there rather than on the timeline.

Thanks,

jim
Vista 64 * Asus P6* Intel i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz CPU * 12 gigs Corsair * Nvidia GTX 275 * WD 150 gig 10,000 rpm System drive * (2) Hitachi 750 gig Video drives * (2) WD 1 TB Video drives * HD Spark * Edius 6.02, Imaginate, Adobe AE, Photoshop, Illustrator
JimJulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:50 AM   #25
Rusty

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJulian View Post
Can you edit audio waveforms in the preview window? I would prefer to make my music and other sfx edits there rather than on the timeline.

Thanks,

jim
If you mean Audio files in the preview monitor to mark in/out points, then the answer is yes.
(I thought E5 does this also?)

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
Twain - "Glances at History" 1906
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:21 AM   #26
noafilm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
If you mean Audio files in the preview monitor to mark in/out points
I think he means having a visual presentation of the waveform directly in the preview window which is not the case, maybe there is an option but on my pc th e preview screen stays black after I double click on a audio file in the bin window.

If that is the way it is I think Edius is the only nle around that does it this way, I too prefer to edit audio directly in the preview window where I visually see the waveform making it much easier to find certain parts (f.i. with a wedding - in a church - where you have an hour wireless audio recording of the groom but the groom speaks maybe 1 minute, in premiere I can find that part in 5 seconds looking at the peaks of the waveform and just cut that part out and drag it to th etimeline, in edius I have to drag that one hour file to the timeline first which is quite annoying.
noafilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 12:43 PM   #27
Dry Biscuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsssss View Post
I haven't seem much talk about:
6. 3DPIP back to realtime
Guys - did I read this right?? Really?? 3D PIP back to realtime??? - This is a huge advantage for me as I do a lot of PIP work.

Can you confirm? - How many layers (PIP's) can you stack up and rotate etc in real time. (I know that's a difficult question as it will depend on the power of the machine but my Sinclair ZX81 should cope with it being liquid nitrogen cooled etc).

I assume you can stack up more layers if you convert to HQ Avi first rather that stacking AVCHD?

Thanks

Mark
Main Editing System: Sinclair ZX81 0.75Mhz chip (Overclocked to 12Ghz), Liquid Nitrogen Cooled. 48k of RAM, Compact Cassette tape drive (9600 baud), 4" B&W monitor. No keyboard - all input by thought transfer from a colander on my head. Gives me 180 layers of 4k in real time (all with 3D PIP added) and can encode and burn a 2 hour Blu Ray in just under 12 seconds. Custom editing chair that floats on magnets 2 feet above the floor. I am also able to travel in time.
Dry Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 01:06 PM   #28
TrackRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Biscuit View Post
... but my Sinclair ZX81 should cope with it being liquid nitrogen cooled etc).
You'll probably need a fire extinguisher. The liquid you see oozing from the computer is not nitrogen. It's the ZX81 after going into terminal meltdown
Intel Quad Core Extreme 3GHz/12M, 4Gb RAM, 2Tb Hot-swap (ARAID), NVIDIA GeoForce 8800 GTS, Edius Broadcast 4.61 / Edius 5.5, Procoder 3, DVDit Pro HD, Sonicfire Pro 5, Mercalli, Vitascene, Adorage. TwinPact 100, Pegasus, TMPro. VirtualDub
TrackRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 02:11 PM   #29
JimJulian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noafilm View Post
I think he means having a visual presentation of the waveform directly in the preview window which is not the case, maybe there is an option but on my pc th e preview screen stays black after I double click on a audio file in the bin window.
Yes, Noafilm is correct. Sorry for my incomplete question.
The workaround, so far, has been to open a new sequence just for .wav and other audio files editting.

If the preview windows is used for setting accurate marks, it seems only logical that the window would have a waveform to help with that function.

jim
Vista 64 * Asus P6* Intel i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz CPU * 12 gigs Corsair * Nvidia GTX 275 * WD 150 gig 10,000 rpm System drive * (2) Hitachi 750 gig Video drives * (2) WD 1 TB Video drives * HD Spark * Edius 6.02, Imaginate, Adobe AE, Photoshop, Illustrator
JimJulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 04:03 PM   #30
pjsssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJulian View Post

Thanks,

jim
No you cannot. Trying to do any audio editing in the Player window is worthless. There are no waveforms and you cannot mute individual channels.
pjsssss is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS