Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 08-08-2007, 01:12 AM   #11
mark_m

Happy to oblige, but the smallest one is 4.533GB. Too big for e-mail or yousendit and just too big for a single layer DVD. I could get a double layer DVD and send it across the Atlantic to you or upload it to an ftp site overnight if you send me an address.

However, just looking at this again, it doesn't say sclive in the tape name box, which is usually Scenalyzer's default setting. So now I can't say with any kind of certainty how I captured it when I created this project last December. Could have been any number of ways: on DVStorm system via Edius, on OHCI laptop using Edius or Premiere Pro.. but I'm pretty certain I did it in Edius on the DVStorm system using version 4.x drivers. Probably 4.03.

Is it still useful for you to have this file?

Cheers

Mark
mark_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:19 AM   #12
GrassValley_KH
Mr Sparkle

I'd be passing it on for analysis. While it's not out of the question for there to be a change in the Canopus DV codec, I'm still unsure as to why a regular Canopus DV clip captured in a previous version of EDIUS would be modified by EDIUS v4.5 when all that happened, in your words, was that multicam adjustments were made and the project (EZP file) was saved.

That shouldn't touch the file at all. It may, however, affect the way in which other apps are decoding Canopus DV files.

The next step would be to, when you're free of work, try a clean install of EDIUS - that means removing all software pertaining to 'Canopus DV' and installing fresh (with just v4.5). See how that goes. Maybe the decoder is jumbled.
GrassValley_KH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:20 AM   #13
STORMDAVE

Mark, can you re-capture these files by any chance? Or use ProCoder (If you have it) to go back to MSDV.

I've been using SCLive for years...most of the time I use Canopus DV, and it works perfectly...but now I use Microsoft DV.

When I imported Canopus DV files into Premiere Pro 2, it required rendering...but scrubbing over them looked ok.
STORMDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:45 AM   #14
xmanflash

Isn't it more likely a change in the DV playback codec code? - Maybe it was using the DVstorm codec, now it isnt? Just guessing!
xmanflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:50 PM   #15
wilddog

This was also happening to me, but not with the Canopus files, but with an imported .vob file from a DVD.
Same upside down and stripes.
I update windows media player to version 11 and all went normal.
wilddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:42 PM   #16
hvx_germanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmanflash View Post
Isn't it more likely a change in the DV playback codec code? - Maybe it was using the DVstorm codec, now it isnt? Just guessing!

I doubt that,
maybe i am wrong, but i thought all the hardware-applications of canopus did use the same Canopus-DV-codec...i had a rex once, but maybe i am wrong..!?
(Plus if you have installed the Codec-package, it should play all of the "Canopus-codecs" if they had different codecs..!)
hvx_germanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:34 PM   #17
xmanflash

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvx_germanboy View Post
I doubt that,
maybe i am wrong, but i thought all the hardware-applications of canopus did use the same Canopus-DV-codec...i had a rex once, but maybe i am wrong..!?
(Plus if you have installed the Codec-package, it should play all of the "Canopus-codecs" if they had different codecs..!)
Yes.. maybe the WMP upgrade to v11 will fix it! :)
xmanflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:52 PM   #18
hvx_germanboy

haha, i doubt again...unfortunatly WMP wount help you with any canopus codec, also in version 12 or 15...!

Hope you find a proper solution for your problem..sounds spooky somehow..!
Good luck!
Intel Core I5, M450@2,40GHz
hvx_germanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:38 PM   #19
mark_m

OK, I just wanted to say that this has happened again, to another project. Same issue: opened the Edius Project with the .avi files in (Edius 4.5c), didn't save the project, opened a Premiere Project using the exact same .avi files and I'm having the same issue: upside down, with the coloured lines.
I can't use Edius if it's going to do this to my files.
mark_m is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS