Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 08-06-2018, 03:06 AM   #1
rob stowell

Default Chinese fonts in quick titler

I'm running an English language PC, and trying to use some Chinese characters in titles. The fonts all work ok, except some characters, for no apparent reason, seem to be bold - and some not. The same seems to be the case with Japanese fonts.
Anyone else had this problem? Any idea what could be going on?
Thanks!
Old 08-07-2018, 09:34 AM   #2
Drbgaijin

Rob,
I use Quick Titler with Japanese quite often. I use MS IME for the input. I believe that Chinese and Korean should work in a similar way.
Are you inputting from the keyboard or are you copying and pasting in from a document?
Have you the correct input method set. Not sure about Chinese, but with Japanese and MS IME you are best to use Hiragana setting.
If you are copying and pasting, it is possible that the original text is written with a different setting and that not all characters are carried over correctly.
Certain fonts may not support all the characters.
Also using a Chinese font when inputting Japanese can result in some strange characters. I guess that if you used a Japanese font for Chinese input the same could be true.
In all I find that Quick Titler handles Japanese much better than any other titler that can be used in EDIUS, that I have tried. That includes Vistitle.
If I can come up with any further ideas, I'll post them here.
Regards
Douglas

Main System: EDIUS WG 9, Asustek Intel Z370, i7-8700K @ 3.70GHz, 32GB RAM, GTX-1080Ti, BMD Intensity Pro 4K, Windows 10 Pro
Drbgaijin is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS