Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 05-07-2019, 02:32 PM   #11
bobbyd

Default Norton

I have been using Norton since Win95 and still use it today on my business computer. I do a complete scan at the end of every day. Never a problem. My Edius computer never sees the internet unless I want it to. No virus program installed. Running Win7 and Edius 7.53.
bobbyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 08:20 PM   #12
Bob Nilsen

Hi, As I stated in the beginning request for help, I've tried all that MicroSoft has suggested to get the drive back up and running. I already have a USB version and can boot from the USB drive, but Windows 10 will not let me re-install Win-10. I've tried using the CMD line and tried to fix the files and repair the boot, but it still did not work. If anyone has any suggestions, that would be great.

My laptop has Edius on it, so I was wondering if I could deactivate the license I'm going to loose if/when I format the messed up drive and restore from my back up? I don't want to mess-up the license on the laptop.

Thanks
Bob
AsRock Z170 Extreme6+, I7-6700K OC to 4.7, MSI GTX 980ti, 32gig of ram, H100i cooler, 1TB WD Black for system. WD Black drives For footage, Sizes changes as needed. 2 WD Gold drives are in a Raid setup, Win-10 Pro 64bit. Edius 7.53
2 24" HD Samsung monitors and a 43" Sony UHD TV, XBR-43X800D. 2, Panasonic DVX-200 Cameras.
Bob Nilsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 11:06 PM   #13
David Clarke

If you can't get back into Windows on that drive you will have lost the one activation. You can reinstall the machine and then deactivate the laptop and activate the desktop.
If you can't get that drive running again the best option is contact your reseller or Grass Valley and explain what has happen and they can reset your activations. I have arranged this for a couple of customers through the EU distributors and they have always sorted it quickly. Not sure how long it will take where you are but it can be done.
Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10
David Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 11:33 PM   #14
staffel

Was that after a windows update?

I had this problem a couple of updates before. Windows was updating and norton was putting some parts of the update in quarantine. In the end windows did not start any more. I tried to recover, but the recoverypoint was erased.

Finally I had to format and install a new windows. Since then I don't use norton any more. One Edius license has gone and many others two.
staffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 04:21 AM   #15
GrassValley_PS

Just to clarify...you do not lose a license. You may loose an ACTIVATION. As mentioned, if you reach an ACTIVATION limit, contact your reseller, explain the situation and request that the ACTIVATION be reset.
Main System: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB , GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, Corsair AX1200i PS, Phanteks Luxe Case, 16TB RAID (4)HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB, Corsair H115i CPU Cooler, AJA Kona 4, BMD Intensity Pro 4K, Win 10
GrassValley_PS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 08:35 PM   #16
Bob Nilsen

So, when I try to do an online repair, GV says there is a problem and can not repair the Activation. I tried to re-activate, but GV says the license is invalid. This is the same thing that happen to me when my system drive was failing and cloned the system to a SSD. This time, I got a virus and could not get the system SSD to boot. If I remember right, I think I had to completely un-install Edius, including some well hidden files, than re-install. Can someone point me to the list of hidden files I need to remove before I re-install Edius?
If this does not work (Re-activation) am I suppose to call or email "Videoguys" and ask them to fix the activation problem? I purchased Edius 7 from them, back in 2014.

Thanks
Bob
AsRock Z170 Extreme6+, I7-6700K OC to 4.7, MSI GTX 980ti, 32gig of ram, H100i cooler, 1TB WD Black for system. WD Black drives For footage, Sizes changes as needed. 2 WD Gold drives are in a Raid setup, Win-10 Pro 64bit. Edius 7.53
2 24" HD Samsung monitors and a 43" Sony UHD TV, XBR-43X800D. 2, Panasonic DVX-200 Cameras.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:21 PM   #17
GrassValley_SL

If video-guys was your reseller yes you will need to contact them first.

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support
GrassValley_SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:54 AM   #18
Haddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Nilsen View Post
So, when I try to do an online repair, GV says there is a problem and can not repair the Activation. I tried to re-activate, but GV says the license is invalid. This is the same thing that happen to me when my system drive was failing and cloned the system to a SSD. This time, I got a virus and could not get the system SSD to boot. If I remember right, I think I had to completely un-install Edius, including some well hidden files, than re-install. Can someone point me to the list of hidden files I need to remove before I re-install Edius?
If this does not work (Re-activation) am I suppose to call or email "Videoguys" and ask them to fix the activation problem? I purchased Edius 7 from them, back in 2014.

Thanks
Bob
My 2 cents...I am not certain. The activation is linked with you eID and the licence. It "seems" that they are "attached". So you must respect these 2 elements you create when installing Edius. So when starting Edius it will ask you the license number and then you have to fill your eID create the first time with the password...

I have met some problems too and only these step by step procedure has relaunch the program. Of course, may be that your copy (clone) HDD contains some elements analysed by Edius that locked and give issue. Then I only see to restart from "scratch" with a fresh windows installation.

These are some thinkings... but not reliable considering that it's only based on my poor experience

Sorry for my poor english, I am french native speaking

Main System: Azus Z87 Pro, 4770K@3.5Ghz, 16gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 630, Windows 7 Pro 64, Samsung 840 pro, Edius 8.53.2808 WG and 9.40.4896 + NXexpress or HDspark, 2T separate video SSD.
Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:57 AM   #19
Bob Nilsen

So, does this mean that everyone who sells Edius, has access to GV's license system and can fix these problems, like mine?

Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
If video-guys was your reseller yes you will need to contact them first.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:02 PM   #20
GrassValley_SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Nilsen View Post
So, does this mean that everyone who sells Edius, has access to GV's license system and can fix these problems, like mine?

Bob
It means that they have contact with Grassvalley as a reseller in a way a user does not have.
As I said it is best to contact your reseller first.

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support
GrassValley_SL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS