Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 07-13-2018, 06:37 PM   #1
COWBOY12

Default Change Drive where temporary video and clips are stored

Can someone guide me on how to change the drive where the video is stored while I am editing. The video fills up my small, SSD drive and I have a much larger standard drive that I need those files to filter to. Thanks....
COWBOY12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:06 PM   #2
THoff

I'm pretty sure Edius just uses the Windows GetTempFileName() and GetTempFilePath() APIs, in which case you can control the location of the temporary files using environment variables.

Press the Windows key + R to bring up the Run dialog and type CONTROL (the word, not the key), then press ENTER. In the Control Panel, go to System, then Advanced System Settings. At the bottom should be a button named "Environment Variables" -- click on that.

You should now see a list of environment variables that are defined. There should be a definition for TEMP in both the user environment and the SYSTEM environment. You can edit these and point them to a location of your choice.

The user environment variables are used for any processes running in the context of the user, i.e. processes that you launch. The SYSTEM environment variables are used for things that are running outside of a user context (typically services and device drivers), or when no overriding definition exists in the user environment -- if a definition exists in SYSTEM but not the user environment, the SYSTEM value is used.
THoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 10:12 PM   #3
GrassValley_PS

Hi Brian,
Just go to the Project Settings (Settings>User Settings>Application>Project)and change the EDIUS Project folder location to your other drive. The files will save there automatically.
Main System: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB , GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, Corsair AX1200i PS, Phanteks Luxe Case, 16TB RAID (4)HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB, Corsair H115i CPU Cooler, AJA Kona 4, BMD Intensity Pro 4K, Win 10
GrassValley_PS is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS