Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Hardware and Accessories

Old 06-29-2008, 10:47 PM   #1
istvan

Default DAW Controller for Edius

Hi,

I would like to buy the BCF-Controller from Behringer.

I have however just now made a survey on DAW controllers. Is there any device from Mackie or JL Cooper, that are compatible with Edius and Samplitude 9 Classic? (Under € 400,-)

Concerning the price, the Behringer-device seems to be the best one.

Regards,

I.
istvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:35 AM   #2
caminostereo

Quote:
Originally Posted by istvan View Post
Hi,

I would like to buy the BCF-Controller from Behringer.

I have however just now made a survey on DAW controllers. Is there any device from Mackie or JL Cooper, that are compatible with Edius and Samplitude 9 Classic? (Under € 400,-)

Concerning the price, the Behringer-device seems to be the best one.

Regards,

I.

"Mackie Control Universal" is a nice audio mixer but the truth would be very difficult to know if it works with EDIUS ... it seems uses the same interface MIDI Controller of Berigher BCF-2000 but would have to test whether it really can work with EDIUS, greetings

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MCUpro
Old 06-30-2008, 02:22 AM   #3
SRsupport
Grass Cutter Gold

The only thing that works on the bcf2000 with Edius are faders up or down.

Steve
For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Last edited by SRsupport; 06-30-2008 at 02:31 AM.
SRsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:50 PM   #4
TripSonic

I also would like to know if there are other controllers that work with Edius. Someone any experience?
TripSonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 01:19 AM   #5
biopic

I have a JL Cooper FaderMaster 4/100 (USB version) which is very well constructed, if rather expensive, compared to the BCF2000. However, as others have pointed out before, Edius is rather limited in the way it interacts with either of these control surfaces, especially compared with an NLE like A**d. It's a great pity!
Supermicro X8SAX, i7-950 CPU, 12GB RAM
BFG Nvidia GeF 9600GT graphics, RME Fireface800 audio,
SATA RAID
biopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:14 AM   #6
AJL14

Default Behringer

Dear I.,

I know your plight. I only want to warn you, as I have been advised by many learned forum friends, the Behringer BCF2000 is a VERY difficult piece of equipment to get to work with EDIUS. I have owned one for probably 5 months now, and have been totally unsuccessful in getting it to work. However, some others have had more success than I have. Still no solution. Everyone has tried to assist me, but so far no go!

Just a warning. And if you do decide to try it and get it working, please do me one favor. Just tell send me a message as to how you managed to succeed!

Best regards - and cheers,
Alan

SYSTEM: ASUS P8Z77-VPro mobo, Intel 3770K CPU, 16 Gig Crucial 1866 RAM, Antec 1000W PS, EVGA nVidia 560Ti 1Gig Video, CoolerMaster CPU cooler, LG GGW-H20L BluRay DVD, SPARK card w/23" Samsung 1920x1080 Monitor, OCZ 240GB SSD boot in Swapable Tray & 3 WD Enterprise 1TB video RAID 5 HDD's. 4.5TB RAID 1 Outboard backups, Behringer2000 Audio Fader/Controller
AJL14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:36 PM   #7
PaulTV

I agree, mine has been on the shelf since I bought it, I did get some action from it but it was unreliable and sketchy to say the least, also you have to have the mixer window open for it to work which kills realtime dead.

Paul

System 1: Edius 7.5 Asus X79 4930K 6 core @4.4GHz Water Cooled. 480GB REVO3x2 System drive, 4TB Raid 0, 4 TB E-Sata Raid 5, 32GB RAM, GTX1070Ti Decklink HD Extreme. 3X Sony AX53 Sony AX700

http://indiestereographer.blogspot.co.uk
PaulTV is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Hardware and Accessories