Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 12-18-2011, 08:39 PM   #1
gianvito

Default Edius 6 does not load anymore

Hi all,
I have a StormMobile with Edius 6.06 and Windows 7 x64 SP1.
I was working without any problem. I inserted a Vitascene effect and got a Blue Screen of Death. The system restarted and the system automatically restored to a previous point.

Then I tried to load Edius and it does not load anymore. It loads until half of bar (loading bar) and then close itself. I already tried to reinstall Edius from scratch, clean the registry etc., without any result.

I checked in the system event registry and I found that, each time I load Edius, an Error event is generated with the following details (sorry, it is in Italian):

Nome dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: EDIUS.exe, versione: 6.0.0.42, timestamp: 0x4df066d8
Nome del modulo che ha generato l'errore: ntdll.dll, versione: 6.1.7601.17514, timestamp: 0x4ce7ba58
Codice eccezione: 0xc015000f
Offset errore 0x000845c1
ID processo che ha generato l'errore: 0xdf0
Ora di avvio dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: 0x01ccbdc0799f6257
Percorso dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grass Valley\EDIUS 6\EDIUS.exe
Percorso del modulo che ha generato l'errore: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
ID segnalazione: c2b71e01-29b3-11e1-a51f-6cf049e1a13c

I'd like to avoid reformatting the system, also because it could potentially happen again...
Any idea? Thank you.
gianvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:06 PM   #2
SoundFreak_HD

Try your dongle in another USB slot, is the dongle light lit ?

Disconnect all non essential hardware, remove storm & try.

EDIUS WG 9.52 / MATROX MXO2 LE / WIN10 Pro WS / LENOVO P71 Workstation laptop / XEON E3-1535M v6 / nVidia QUADRO P3000 6GB / Toshiba M.2 NVMe 512GB / Samsung 860 EVO 4TB / 32GB ECC RAM.

EDIUS WG 8.53
/ HDRX-E1 + HDBX-1000H / WIN10 Pro / DUAL XEON X5470 / SUPERMICRO X7DWA-N / SUPERMICRO SUPERCHASIS SC745TQ-920B / INTEL 520 SSD 240GB / WD CAVIAR BLACK 4TB (many) / 32GB ECC RAM / GTX 770 4GB / 2x MOTU 896HD.

wavearts / neatvideo / tmpgenc / hitfilm / imaginate
SoundFreak_HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:18 PM   #3
antonsvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianvito View Post
Hi all,
I have a StormMobile with Edius 6.06 and Windows 7 x64 SP1.
I was working without any problem. I inserted a Vitascene effect and got a Blue Screen of Death. The system restarted and the system automatically restored to a previous point.
that is dangerous, a system automatically restoring to a previous point, how did you enable such an option? or is this a Dell feature, if so, try and disable to avoid such problems in the future, system restore should be disabled for all drives on an editing PC, make your own image instead. Also, disable automatic restart when a BSOD occurs
http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...ly-restart.png

also, look in device manager for any yellow warnings

look in accessories, system tools, system info, components, for problem devices

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:49 AM   #4
gianvito

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
that is dangerous, a system automatically restoring to a previous point, how did you enable such an option? or is this a Dell feature, if so, try and disable to avoid such problems in the future, system restore should be disabled for all drives on an editing PC, make your own image instead. Also, disable automatic restart when a BSOD occurs
http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...ly-restart.png

also, look in device manager for any yellow warnings

look in accessories, system tools, system info, components, for problem devices
I agree with you. The problem is that I forgot to disable the automatic restart (I always do it) .. About the automatic restore I have not enabled anything...Windows detected some problems and automatically decided to restore to a previous point.

The USB dongle is not the problem. I tried to start it in DEMO mode (disconnecting it) and the problem was still there. In device manager all devices are ok ...
Old 12-19-2011, 06:57 AM   #5
antonsvideo

can you make sure that the soundcard is working, can you hear anything when playing an audio clip with WMP

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:01 AM   #6
wags

Get all that DELL rubbish off your system and turn off system restore.

But the best thing to do when you get a new computer or laptop is to format it and start right from scratch as those big brand systems can be full of all kinds of stuff. They can even put stuff in the MBR.

Then once it's prefect mirror the main drive to another or partition and never save anything to your c: system drive.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:18 AM   #7
gianvito

I never said it is a DELL system... tt is an assembled desktop computer with Windows 7 installed from scratch and without any crapware...

So, the decision of making the automatic restore was made by Windows. Now...any idea about a solution to the problem?
Old 12-11-2013, 11:35 PM   #8
smontoto

Did you ever solve your problem?

I am having the same exact problem now 6.08 will not load and says Appcrash Application Name Edius.exe and Fault Module Name is ntdll.dll

Been waiting all day for Tech support to call back and nothing... :-((
smontoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:49 PM   #9
GrassValley_BH
Demystifier/Analogizer

ntdll.dll is a system component.

Open Command Prompt as Administrator and run SFC /SCANNOW
GrassValley_BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:42 AM   #10
smontoto

Hi and thank you for responding. I tried the cmd: admin SFC /scannow and it said everything was ok.

I also uninstalled/reinstalled Edius, all plugins, and video drivers... still no go.

Everything else seems to work fine Adobe Encore, After Effects etc no problems I can see. Just Edius won't load.
smontoto is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS