Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 09-17-2018, 10:08 AM   #31
peterC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
follow the steps here to turn it off, when done, turn it on again
http://www.wisecleaner.com/how-to/11...indows-10.html
I am ok on this as it is as I had done, plus.
Also I had another uninstall reinstall attempt since Acronis 2018 also runs Active Protection which I had forgot about and had to deactivate. Still no good.
(Please don't throw stones, it works!)
Edius 9 v3
peterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 10:17 AM   #32
peterC

Quote:
were you able to create a new Windows User account?
Yes I was doing this as you were posting it, but slightly different as I had said earlier.

I have aligned W10 User A/c to Edius Project Profile now. They are both peterCnew.

In Explorer it appears consistent in the folders and drop downs I have checked. The Users>peterCnew>Properties >General now is the same as >>Properties>security. Both are peterCnew if this is/was the problem.
I am not sure if this fix means the problem is elsewhere but I will assume it must be and dig more in other directions. Just not sure where at the moment.
Thanks again
Edius 9 v3
Old 09-17-2018, 12:06 PM   #33
peterC

Ok last for the moment.

All below but not necessarily in stated order.

Set up a new W10 User A/c (but with same email a/c -hope not an issue)

Deleted E9v2 Mync GVLM installs

Deleted all residual folders
All reboots and cleans

Dropped Windows Defender
Dropped all Active and Non Active Firewalls
Dropped Acronis Active Protection
Dropped Ransomware wall
Dropped metered Connection

Reinstalled E9v2

Set up media /project drive and folder for new user

Set up simple test DV project
Loaded Edius and it crashed as described before.

That will do for now. Thanks to all concerned.
Edius 9 v3
Old 09-17-2018, 12:23 PM   #34
antonsvideo

is there a reason you don't want to do a fresh install of Win10, it is quick via USB stick installer and using this method gives you the latest version of Win10 from the beginning
https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/soft...load/windows10 (Download Tool now and specify a blank USB stick to create the installer)

do a full install not a repair install, delete the existing partitions during the setup

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:42 PM   #35
peterC

Quote:
is there a reason you don't want to do a fresh install of Win10, it is quick via USB stick installer and using this method gives you the latest version of Win10 from the beginning
https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/soft...load/windows10 (Download Tool now and specify a blank USB stick to create the installer)

do a full install not a repair install, delete the existing partitions during the setup

Anton I have already done all of what you suggest. Setting up Edius is the final app to install and so complete before doing a drive image.

It has been a real exercise and I am away with limited resources on hand and on mobile metered internet.

It has been costly time wise and money wise to get to this point and am not sure rebuilding from scratch again will change anything. Having said that I am contemplating doing a drive image as it stands (now E9v3 install which is behaving similarly although it was done as a straight install dropping no walls or uninstalling previous E9v2). Once the image is made, do a clean naked W10 install, just install E9v3 and see what comes. No driver updates just bare bones to test and build from there if it works. This seems the fallback option if nothing changes soon.
As said, now a E9v3 straight over the top install which has failed to fix.

What is new in both a last try with E9v2 and now with E9v3 is the attached. Not seen before and I have tried the 'allow designated app/s through firewalls etc' approach previously and reversed those setups when they did not help.

The other issue I am currently exploring is deactivating the o/b Intel Graphics to see if that will fix. But as I said I am sure I tested (very elementary) E9v1 as working just doing a straight up install on my original W10 vendor installed (Asus) system.

I think I just saw that beer go past again. How many laps do we need to catch up now? I have lost count, but still running, just not as fast.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Contolled Edius Folder Blocked by Anti virus.pdf (297.8 KB, 3 views)
Edius 9 v3
Old 09-17-2018, 09:19 PM   #36
peterC

BTW. The only AV in the system is Windows 10 stuff and Acronis (2018) Active Protection. I have only deactivated these after BernH's suggestion during the install process for the last days fix attempts of which were many . I think I tested E9 while they were still down and that failed.

The only changes between the original W10 install and the current one is that there is virtually none of the Asus software in the new W10 install and that Acronis was never on the original W10. And don't say it Anton, I don't want to hear it. It is because I am away that Acronis was not loaded and a proper drive image backup was not done. Reason : away and original W7 laptop failed totally and had to go out and buy this unit. Then that failed. Hard country here. Really have had some trouble up here and with limited gear and other resources to rebuild from. On we go.
Edius 9 v3
Old 09-17-2018, 09:31 PM   #37
peterC

Fixed. O/b Graphics. Early days though. Will inform if situation changes.

We were here before a number of times, but as with so much of this stuff you need to do more than just head in the right direction, you have to be on the right path. Setting in one place did not fix, setting in another did.

Owe you a beer Anton(several) BernH and Zorro. TY
Edius 9 v3
Old 09-18-2018, 12:15 AM   #38
antonsvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterC View Post
Fixed. O/b Graphics. Early days though. Will inform if situation changes.

We were here before a number of times, but as with so much of this stuff you need to do more than just head in the right direction, you have to be on the right path. Setting in one place did not fix, setting in another did.

Owe you a beer Anton(several) BernH and Zorro. TY

what did you do with onboard graphics?

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro
Old 09-18-2018, 12:53 AM   #39
peterC

Quote:
what did you do with onboard graphics?

In the end I deactivated it through Device Manager. But prior to that in the rebuilt system I had priorities at their defaults which should have allowed Edius to open and run on Nvidea GPU but otherwise run apps at their defaults - either picking up Nvidea or running o/b Intel as the app should auto select. This never needed setting up in the original W10 vendor installation as I recall. It just auto'd Edius to Nvidea GPU (I think). I still need to find out why this now needs manually deactivating o/b graphics through Device Manager which is clunky and unacceptable to me.

This will have to wait since I am now imaging the drive and about to purge all users and create a new one since W10 is still showing inconsistencies between different parts of the o/s as I have already pointed out. I don't like this and will fix it by rebuilding an amalgam New W10 User. I am sure there is an easier way to do that but I don't know it. W10 for me cannot change/rename in Explorer a User ID that it allows you to do in Control Panel. And down the (Windows) line it goes, you see it mixed up for some reason I cannot understand in different parts of the system.
I will image, create a new user and selectively overlay the old user data I think will do an 'auto rebuild' if you like. I don't know how else to do it.

Nothing is simple in W10 (or priors for that matter) and I am still not sure what I am trying to do will even work. It is too convoluted really but the only solution I know to try. If it fails I will go the even longer way around to rebuild all my various W10 and other apps setups bit by bit. I really hate that process.

With regard to Edius9v3 I will re-install later once I have a W10 User setup that looks right to me with all my data and setups re-done for me in the new W10 User Profile.

I will keep you posted on how it goes.

I think we are closing the gap on that beer.
Edius 9 v3
Old 09-18-2018, 01:13 AM   #40
antonsvideo

may I ask if you are using Firefox 62 to type in this forum?

FF62 has a serious bug when you press enter to create a new paragraph in this forum, it creates three line space

I think I will revert to FF 56.02 which is the best version ever made

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS