Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > FIRECODER Blu & Pegasus

Old 08-15-2017, 12:37 AM   #1
greymouse1

Default Just some firecoder Blu Questions Win7 32bit

Hi

i've just installed the card on my windows 7 32bit machine, and the firecoderwriter 1.11

the software is crashing when I choose transcode a .TS with an APPCRASH
and when run the program in Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode, it crashes saying "Quicktime initialized failed" even though it is installed etc

are there any fixes to these issues?
greymouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 03:50 AM   #2
greymouse1

also can someone tell me if I want to use the firecoder blu card I need a spursengine plugin for the video editing suite i would like to use? have I got that right? thanks in advanced
greymouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:38 AM   #3
Andreas_Gumm

GV has discontinued the support in Edius version 6 or 6.5.
The very early end of life after a very short product cycle and the buggy piece of stand-alone software was a kick in the neck of the clients who have bought the card.
I have in mind that the last recent Firecoder version didn't support QuicktTime files reliable. Previous versions had different problems.
Maybe the TMPGEnc Spurs Engine plugin helps you better. It works with TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5, TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress and TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5.
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/en...4xp_spurs.html

Andreas
Andreas_Gumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 09:41 PM   #4
Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by greymouse1 View Post
also can someone tell me if I want to use the firecoder blu card I need a spursengine plugin for the video editing suite i would like to use? have I got that right? thanks in advanced
I don't know about Spurs engine or quicksync. All I can tell you is that after I installed a FCB card in my WinXP-32 computer, Edius 6 took 1/4 of the time needed to encode a blu-ray disc for me.

Jon

#1: Iwill DK8N, 2 x 270 Opterons, 2 Gb RAM, WinXPPro-32, Edius 5.51, NX PCI-X & HDV Expansion, ProCoder 3, Imaginate 2, Sony WV-DR9, Sony EDV-9500, Sony GV-D200.
#2: Asus P5E, Q9400, WinXPPro-32, Edius 6.07, HD Spark
#3: Edius SP with Breakout Box, Win10, Edius 7.53
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > FIRECODER Blu & Pegasus