Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 02-25-2020, 12:32 PM   #1
ideavisual

Default Invalid license warning

Hello, my name is Juan Solsona and i will try to summarize the actual situation, sorry for my bad English:

I have to upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 few computers with Edius 6.5 and an Edius 7 Upgrade (both properly listed in GV manager and they are working perfectly), when the procedure is done via Windows oficial upgrade tool i have no problems, all workstations keep their licences fine and when the Operating System update is done everything works smooth and perfect.

The issue started when one of those computers couldn't be upgraded through that method and it's mandatory to do a clean install of Windows 10. I'm having troubles with the licenses activation. I have all installation discs, serial numbers, upgrades, documentation, even boxes with me.
The error is similar to this:

https://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/...ad.php?t=34608

I tried everything from that post and nothings works (the programs were purchased in the same country as now, and the date and time is correct)

The main problem is that the resseller was Canopus . "Link removed by Forum Mod" which as you can see it has a redirect to official grassvalley webpage (company closed.....) so that means i can't contact with the company that sold the product and try to solve this situation.

I analyze the content of EDIUSLicenseInfo.key that it has been generated with the activation and deactivation process that give you GV Manager and the point is it tries to comunicate with canopus. But few rows from that EDIUSLicenseInfo.key i have found this http://activation1.grassvalley.com/f...ortal/logon.do where if you put your serial number information you can check how is your license and it seems that is only used 2 times i guess (Sin titulo.png), similar screenshot for edius 7

I'm lost at this point because with fresh instalation of edius 7 and open the shortcut it ask me about serial number of 7 and 6.5, ok, i can see in GV manager that they are "imported" and when i open Edius 7 shortcut again it asked me again to re-enter both serial numbers, ok, and it says ok, and after a few seconds it promps a warning with This serial number is not valid (similar to that post from above).

I'm checking this website http://activation1.grassvalley.com/f...ortal/logon.do looking for a way to "repair instalation" and there is a place in the top of the menu "manual repair" and it ask for an xml, but it doesn't work with any of the xml files that generates GV manager "response.xml", in fact it says xml ha been tampered (i suppose is a normal answer because he is not expecting this kind of xml)

could you give me some light in this dark tunnel?

Note: i still can access the old win 7 system, no hardware changes in any of those computers

I'm a bit concerned about the situation that even when the upgrade process is fine and everything works, if one of those workstations with Win 10 broke (i.e Hard disk failure) how could i "reinstall" edius in new hardware? because even i had the instalation disc and serial numbers i'm facing this problem right now

Thanks in advance, i appreciate your time
Attached Images
File Type: png Sin título.png (40.8 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 02-25-2020 at 03:25 PM.
ideavisual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 03:26 PM   #2
GrassValley_SL

Both versions are not compatible with windows 10.

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support
GrassValley_SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 04:09 PM   #3
ideavisual

I'm just looking for a kind soul

So even if it's working with the other computers upgraded to Windows 10, as you said here https://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/...ad.php?t=36045 is not supported, there is no way to handle this problem? i mean, this problem happen too if you do a fresh install of Windows 7 which i tried yesterday to confirm is not about operating system.

Sorry if i was rude, but i'm truly desperate at this point

Thanks in advance and i'm glad for your time
Old 02-25-2020, 06:21 PM   #4
GrassValley_SL

I will be difficult to get support if you use an EDIUS version in a non supported OS.
For license issues you can maybe try the support of EDIUS.net and if possible have your proof of purchase ready when you do.

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support
GrassValley_SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 08:38 AM   #5
ideavisual

And what is the proper way to use Flexnet http://activation1.grassvalley.com/f...ortal/logon.do
to manage licenses? What xml is expecting?

Thanks in advance

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS