Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Hardware and Accessories

Old 12-03-2017, 08:24 PM   #51
noafilm

Quote:
Originally Posted by More4K View Post
4Mbit for full HD- this is very low. Not sure why would you limit yourself to 4Mbit.
x264 with 25Mbit+ makes HD files about transparent to the master.
I always make a 25mb bitrate file for my own archive but for the client I want to provide a file that is manageable in size and that will look fine on any device they play it on. The 4mbs bitrate was just a test to see how far I could push it and to be honest, I couldn't tell the difference from my 25mbs file from a regular viewing distance from the tv.
noafilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:30 PM   #52
Ron Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by More4K View Post
x264 streams with Blu-ray compatibility switch (-bluray-compat) are 100% BD compliant. It's 100% DVD Architect issue.
That is what I said. I just like using DVDArchitect as it is fast and flexible.

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 SATA OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS 8.53WG, Vegas 16, Resolve Studio 16

Cameras: GH5S, GH5, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:16 PM   #53
noafilm

Quote:
Originally Posted by noafilm View Post
I do get a slight lag while operating my programs and this seems to be a issue many users seem to have. while editing though I don't notice much of this, it's only when you open up edius which takes longer, it lacks a bit of the "snappiness" I"m used to with my older systems. Maybe a new firmware of the motherboard will fix this.
Just a update for those who are interested, I eventually returned my pc to the pc store where I had it pre-assembled because I was not able to run my memory in a quad channel configuration. The store had delivered my pc initially in a dual channel config, I only noticed after a few weeks when I was looking at the motherboard guide and when I tried to re-seat the memory per their instructions the system got into a bootloop and refused to startup so back it went.

My first thought was that the slower responsetime I got could be because of a faulty motherboard.

It took the store almost a week as they took the entire pc apart and tested every single component to eventually find out the bios was corrupt, once they flashed the bios with the same version the pc did boot in a quad channel config, they then ran several stress tests and all where positive.

I also notice now the lag problems are gone so I"m a happy camper again! :)
Old 01-03-2018, 11:21 PM   #54
noafilm

Some other useful info for those buying a midrange videocard to help out with the primary color correction playback speed, I have a 6gb 1060 nvida card but also have been testing with a amd rx570.
For best playback when you are using the primary color correction definitely get the 1060 card, I get a clear bump in playbackperformance with that card compared to the rx570, the 1060 manages to keep the buffer more full while with the rx570 it starts to stutter much quicker. The rx570 also runs hotter much quicker then the 1060 card.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:43 PM   #55
Bassman

Cool. Glad you are up and running again. Hopefully the quad channel memory shows some performance benefit.

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Hardware and Accessories