Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Hardware and Accessories

Old 12-15-2016, 09:46 PM   #11
Ulisse

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
he is also using an 8 channel 7.1 surround sound project setting for SD instead of 2 channels stereo

a possible cause of no audio on VA could be a grayed out patch as you are already suspecting
It was an example only, it is not the problem because I did not configure Edius for that example. I get the same problem whit every other config: UHD , HD and SD clips.
VIDEOCARD: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti
SSD Drive:
(C) 512GB Samsung 960 EVO PCIe M.2 NVMe (for Windows 10)
(D) 1TB Samsung 960 EVO PCIe M.2 NVMe
Ulisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 09:53 PM   #12
GrassValley_SL

Turn on the audio and video top left of the timeline. (See picture)
Because they are off there are no track patches visible.

You said they where on but they are not even visible. It is kind of hard to help you if you give inaccurate answers.
If you recently upgraded to 8 from an old EDIUS version it is best to read up a bit or a watch some get started tutorials. EDIUS has changed a lot .:)
Attached Images
File Type: png Track Patches.png (63.9 KB, 30 views)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 12-15-2016 at 10:08 PM.
GrassValley_SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 10:32 PM   #13
GrassValley_PS

Yes, all of the audio track patches are turned off. Thus, no audio.
Main System: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB , GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, Corsair AX1200i PS, Phanteks Luxe Case, 16TB RAID (4)HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB, Corsair H115i CPU Cooler, AJA Kona 4, BMD Intensity Pro 4K, Win 10
GrassValley_PS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 10:40 PM   #14
Ulisse

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
Turn on the audio and video top left of the timeline. (See picture)
Because they are off there are no track patches visible.

You said they where on but they are not even visible. It is kind of hard to help you if you give inaccurate answers.
If you recently upgraded to 8 from an old EDIUS version it is best to read up a bit or a watch some get started tutorials. EDIUS has changed a lot .:)
It is a bit different and complicated compared to what you tell. On the old project if I turn on the audio and video on top left of the timeline, everything is OK even if I drag the new clips to the timeline. If they are turn on, then there is the sound but audio and video on top left of the timeline turn off continuously.

If I make a new projet and I drag the clips from Bin to timeline, even if if I turn on the audio and video on top left of the timeline, then all the clips have not sound. Look at pic.

But the most strange thing is Edius 8 has suddenly stopped working fine after having worked with it for much time without problems. In all that time I never did some strange actions. It is strange really. In your opinion is it better I unistall Edius and I install it again? Anyway before installing Edius 8 I used Edius 7 but I unistalled it before installing Edius 8.

Different matter if I make
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cattura1.JPG (169.5 KB, 18 views)
SSD Drive:

Last edited by Ulisse; 12-15-2016 at 10:46 PM.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:44 PM   #15
GrassValley_PS

No. From your screenshots it us a simple solution. Do you understand how Track Patches work? First, I would suggest that you quit dragging clips to the timeline and use the Insert/Overwrite buttons instead.

But click the small A on top so that all of the audio track patents are on. Now bring your clip to the timeline and take a screenshot of that. Any audio?
Main System: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB , GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, Corsair AX1200i PS, Phanteks Luxe Case, 16TB RAID (4)HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB, Corsair H115i CPU Cooler, AJA Kona 4, BMD Intensity Pro 4K, Win 10
Old 12-15-2016, 11:12 PM   #16
Ulisse

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassValley_PS View Post
No. From your screenshots it us a simple solution. Do you understand how Track Patches work? First, I would suggest that you quit dragging clips to the timeline and use the Insert/Overwrite buttons instead.

But click the small A on top so that all of the audio track patents are on. Now bring your clip to the timeline and take a screenshot of that. Any audio?
Maybe my Edius 8 have another language and I am not sure if I make the right steps. I attach the pic where there is that button. I hope it is the right button to add clips on timeline. Anyway even if I use that button I don't listen the sound again.
I made a long and big project dragging all the clips from Bin to timeline without any audio problem but in the nex time I will use that button.
Look the pic please.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cattura2.jpg (278.2 KB, 18 views)
SSD Drive:
Old 12-16-2016, 12:13 AM   #17
antonsvideo

there is nothing wrong with dragging clips to timeline, I do this all the time

can you open the VU meter and play the clip and tell me if the green bars move in the VU

if yes, you have sound but don't hear it because of wrong preview device selected in system settings or the wrong sound device is set as default in cpanel

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro

Last edited by antonsvideo; 12-16-2016 at 01:43 AM.
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 02:53 AM   #18
GrassValley_PS

Dragging clips to the timeline does not have to obey mapping. It's OK if you know what you are doing. But it is 100% faster to use the buttons.

At least now you have audio in the track. Follow Anton's suggestion, hit CTRL G to bring your Peak Meters display on the Monitor. Play it and see if you see activity there. If you do, go to Settings>System Settings>Hardware>Preview Device and check OHCI. Do you hear it?
Old 12-16-2016, 03:33 AM   #19
antonsvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassValley_PS View Post
But it is 100% faster to use the buttons.
the reason I avoid that method is because the playhead jumps to the end and I have not found a setting to prevent that

I want the playhead to stay where I drag the clip so I can check how my cut looks

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 07:45 AM   #20
Ulisse

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
if yes, you have sound but don't hear it because of wrong preview device selected in system settings or the wrong sound device is set as default in cpanel
Yes, in the VU meter everything is regular but I don't listen the sound. Look at the pic.

Maybe you don't remember but if I open an old projet, everything works fine and I lsten the sound.

It seems the problem is in the new project.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cattura4.JPG (287.4 KB, 9 views)
SSD Drive:

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Hardware and Accessories