Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 01-18-2013, 08:40 PM   #1
prodzinka

Default Exporting to K2

Anyone using an NRCS Exporter to a K2 Server?

I am having trouble with this function intermittently with an "Unspecified Error" and cannot recover unless I shut down the program and restart.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!
prodzinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:06 AM   #2
GrassValley_PS

Can we get some more specifics on the problem? Format? Are you exporting to the placeholder in Assignment List Manager? Version of Edius and AES?
Main System: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB , GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, Corsair AX1200i PS, Phanteks Luxe Case, 16TB RAID (4)HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB, Corsair H115i CPU Cooler, AJA Kona 4, BMD Intensity Pro 4K, Win 10
GrassValley_PS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #3
prodzinka

Default Should've done that...

Sorry for the lack of detail.

Using Edius 5.51 on a Dell desktop computer running Win 7. Exporting through NRCS using Assignment List Plugin (don't have the version handy) utilizing placeholders.

Source video comes from a storage NAS that consistently runs about half full (4.5-5 of 9 TB).

Source video is any of several formats including .mov, .mxf, P2, .avi, .wav, .mp4, .mpeg, etc.

An editor will use one project and send sequences from the edit computer to a K2 using a placeholder system that Ignite uses for air. The system will send sequences without a problem for a while but as the project fills up errors begin. The instant you try to export you get an "Failed to Export - Unspecified Error" message. The only way to recover from this is to shut down and restart the edit program.

THe strange part here is that even with the error you can export any other format you like to any other destination. The only export that fails is the one for air. This export codec is MPEG2-MXF.

The error is not dependent on how many clients are running. It happens with just one person working as well as 7.

I am truly baffled. I contacted Tech Support and even though we have a service contract I am told that this version of Edius is no longer supported. They recommend upgrading to 6.5 but I am not confident this will solve the problem.
prodzinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #4
GrassValley_SL

If tech support said 5.51 is not supported (contract) it is very risky to "stick with it.
What I would suggest is if you can ask your facility support to make a disk with win 7 and EDIUS 6.52
Then try the export. This way you can test if it works in your environment.
If so you can at least use one computer as the export machine to air and keep the others at 5.51
The forum will not be of much help to be honest.

But can you get the version numbers as Pat asked so we can check if this has been reported before and if there is something we can offer to help fix it?

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 01-19-2013 at 06:05 PM.
GrassValley_SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:55 AM   #5
GrassValley_PS

Paul,
Please send me a PM with your contact info. I live in Cincinnati and work mostly with the Broadcast stations around the country (I am in San Francisco at the moment). Perhaps I can run up and checkout your problems.
Pat
Main System: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB , GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, Corsair AX1200i PS, Phanteks Luxe Case, 16TB RAID (4)HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB, Corsair H115i CPU Cooler, AJA Kona 4, BMD Intensity Pro 4K, Win 10
GrassValley_PS is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS