Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 06-28-2012, 01:00 AM   #1
adamwhite

Default Learning Audio Filters and Effects

Can anyone recommend a good place to learn the Edius 6 audio filters and effects?

I know that basics of high-pass and low-pass filters but would like to dive deeper into all the other features. I'm sure there are things I can do with the different filters that I'm not even aware of because I don't know what they do or how to use them.

Any advice or tutorials would be greatly appreciated.
adamwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:13 PM   #2
Philip

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamwhite View Post
Can anyone recommend a good place to learn the Edius 6 audio filters and effects?

I know that basics of high-pass and low-pass filters but would like to dive deeper into all the other features. I'm sure there are things I can do with the different filters that I'm not even aware of because I don't know what they do or how to use them.

Any advice or tutorials would be greatly appreciated.
You could always do internet searches for the filters and see if there are any tutorials or explanations of how they work. Many of them are just standard industry filters that are not unique to Edius so you don't need an Edius tutorial to learn them. I've learned lots of things that way. Stuff like how the Vectorscope and Waveforms monitors work and what Histograms mean. I found some good explanations online for them. The parametric equalizer is a pretty handy little audio filter once you learn what it does and how it works. Look that one up and see if you find anything.

Laptop. Sony Vaio. CPU- i7-Gen 3, 8gb RAM, 1tbb 5400rpm hard drive, AMD GPU
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:57 AM   #3
adamwhite

Thank you Philip. Sounds like a good place to start.
adamwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:08 AM   #4
Philip

Quote:
Thank you Philip. Sounds like a good place to start.
Also check Antonsvideo site. He has a neat tutorial on the audio restore VST filter included in previous versions of Edius. I use that little filter more than almost any other audio filter in my workflow. It has saved many an edit.

http://www.videoproductions.com.au/h...reduction.html

Explore a few of his other Edius tips. They may help you out. I check them out from time to time myself.

Laptop. Sony Vaio. CPU- i7-Gen 3, 8gb RAM, 1tbb 5400rpm hard drive, AMD GPU
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:16 AM   #5
Gavin++

Quote:
We have a 2+ hours video tutorial on that topics (EDIUS audio effects and Izotope Audio Plugins)- but unfortunately at the moment it's German only...

We have plans for doing a English version later this year.
Gavin++ is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS