Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > MYNC

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2017, 05:01 PM   #1
Haddock

Default Learning Mync for a better use of the BIN

I have started to learn MYNC... with the Start Tutorial....DvdLernkursDesktop.swf

But I still have not understand the philosophy and the advantages of using it in combination of Edius and the advantages compare to the BIN.

Organizing all data's is necessary and essential to produce a film. And since years I first create a Main-Folder-Project wich will contains all elements I need in sub-folders by type of files, of themes, of sources... but all this first on the HD dedicated to video ... see model of folder tree.

The ezp project of Edius is the only file in the Main-Folder-Project and above all others sub-folder.

Then in the bin of Edius I try to recreate the same folder tree day by day as and when the film is created. It's not a perfect mirror but, in the BIN I limit just what I want to edit and to avoid excess of files that have to be charged each time I open the project.

The objectif is to spare time and avoid the loss of time when doing 2 times the same management : one for the general classification on the HD and the other to redo the same in EDius'bin.

So, here are my 2 questions :

First : Is Mync the right tool to manage files and avoid duplication of management in the BIN of Edius ?

Second : I am looking for a good tutorial that directly guides me to the use of Mync in the philosophy of tandem and link with Edius. I have respect for tutorials and accept to invest time in learning before invading the forum asking thinks that are prerequisites.

Thanks for help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Folder-tree.jpg (211.8 KB, 34 views)

Sorry for my poor english, I am french native speaking

Main System: Azus Z87 Pro, 4770K@3.5Ghz, 16gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 630, Windows 7 Pro 64, Samsung 840 pro, Edius 8.53.2808 WG and 9.40.4896 + NXexpress or HDspark, 2T separate video SSD.
Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > MYNC