Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 12-02-2008, 10:18 PM   #1
zb21

Default How to change destination directory for AVCD2HQ

When I drag and drop *.MTS files on my AVCHD2HQ icon the converter does not ask me for a destination directory. It does not ask any questions at all. It just saves the file to a directory I picked some time ago and I do not know how to change it now? Could you help me please?

On a side - I would personally prefer that the converter would behave in a more 'standard windows' way, that is:
1. I could just run that program just like any other Windows program.
2. That program window opened would have MENU with all config options etc. instead of separate program to config conversion. Profiles would be very nice, incl. conversion quality, destination directory, file size etc.
3. Draging and dropping files on that window would generate some kind of list of files I could read and make sure all files required are there before I actually run the conversion. That way also not all the source files would be required to reside in the same directory (now they are since you have to drag and drop them on the icon at the same time, or a few by few - but that contradicts the idea of uninterrupted, overnight conversion). Saving and restoring that batch list of files would also be terrific.

I believe these changes are not so difficult after all and they would greatly improve the usage of AVCHD2HQ.

BUT, for now - the most important question for me is: HOW TO CHANGE THE DESTINATION DIRECTORY???

Thank you for your help,
ZB21
zb21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:00 PM   #2
GrassValley_KH
Mr Sparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by zb21 View Post
BUT, for now - the most important question for me is: HOW TO CHANGE THE DESTINATION DIRECTORY???
Double click the 'AVCHD2HQ' desktop icon, choose your audio handling and then you'll be asked to choose the destination.

You can do this in between any conversion tasks.
GrassValley_KH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:02 PM   #3
zb21

Thank you.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:32 PM   #4
vienna1944er

step one >> double-click on the icon >> set audio setting >> OK

behind press "OK" change the "audio-window" automatically to the "Target-Folder windows

HQ-settings aviable on:

in reference to your "On a side _ " ... on the other side >> in your folder " AVCHD2HQ " you have
the ReadMe, the manual with pictures and the .txt from Kenally himself
all, all, would answer your question...........

not all needs a foolproof User-Interface, some things needs only "read the manual".....

Last edited by vienna1944er; 12-02-2008 at 11:50 PM.
vienna1944er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:36 AM   #5
zb21

Thank you all for a quick answer. Mea culpa, I should have read the manual more carefully.

But still - user interface could be organized more in-line with other windows applications. I even remember the time when Edius MENU was kind of - uhm - awkward ;) Great prize to Canopus that Edius 4 and 5 looks more logical not only to me but to other's as well.

The same - I believe - applies to the Converter. No questions that as of today it provides THE MOST USEFULL solution to AVCHD editing problem. But - e.g. my library of clips is organized in the tree by date when taken. If for a given project I need five clips from here, three from there and eight from yet another place I can not just build one processing list, submit it and simply walk away and come back the next day. I have to keep clicking here and there every once in a while, which is not productive at all. Unless I have not read the manual carefully anough once again?

Canopus, please take it as a request of a new feature for otherwise very good product.

ZB21
Old 12-03-2008, 06:29 AM   #6
pjsssss

Well...first , there is no more Canopus. It is TGV

Second, why not submit this as a feature request in that forum?
pjsssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:23 AM   #7
antonsvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsssss View Post
Well...first , there is no more Canopus. It is TGV
Hi Pat, funnily enough, my Edius5 installed itself inside a Canopus folder, however, ProCoder3 created a Grass Valley folder (while it was installed)

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 870 Pro NVMe M.2 for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:07 PM   #8
pjsssss

Yes there are still a few Canopus left overs hanging around. The real funny part is that the GV office in San Jose where Brandon and Kenneally work stilll has a Canopus sign...
pjsssss is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS