Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 07-16-2013, 02:18 AM   #1
Josh Chiang

Default Center Text (Paragraph) in Quick Titler

Hi,

Does any know how to set the Text starting from center (not placing in center)?
Thanks!
Josh Chiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:35 AM   #2
antonsvideo

there are two quick ways to achieve both

1. quicktitler text center
2. quicktitler object center

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 870 Pro NVMe M.2 for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:10 PM   #3
Josh Chiang

Thanks for the tips.

But what I am trying to do is to set the text always start in center and expand to both left and right, so that no matter how many characters I type in, the text will stay in center.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:43 AM   #4
antonsvideo

Type a word, select the text and click the text center radio button

now select the textbox and right click, Style, save as new style and name it Style-00

now whenever you add a new title, Style-00 will be used as default and text center will already be enabled

all you need to do now is type

you can also set your preferred font and size and edge and shadow as part of Style-00

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 870 Pro NVMe M.2 for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro
Old 07-19-2013, 04:01 AM   #5
Josh Chiang

I have followed the instructions to create a new style, but it seems the CENTER set-up not applied. So when the content is changed, the position changes as well. Could you provide screengrabs of your set-up? Thank you very much!

If it works, there is another question:
How to load/share the new style with other computers?

Thanks.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:06 AM   #6
peterC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
there are two quick ways to achieve both

1. quicktitler text center
2. quicktitler object center
Sorry, just to digress a little. I thought it uncanny to read the title here "Anton likes Beer". I was thinking of Octoberfest this morning and Anton. Weird! thought (true!!)
Can't comment on current V Edius other than to say if you have a stock title that you use a lot - eg an i.d. slate, you use that and just 'Save As'. The only way I know (and use) on my version.

Centre text Anton's first eg will centre to text box you have opened. The other (different for me) centres to full screen. you select (for me) Vert then Hor. But you may know all of this already .

PS I live Sydney, like Anton. I noticed that there are lot of larger pubs around his area...............
(Please don't throw stones, it works!)
Edius 9 v3

Last edited by peterC; 07-20-2013 at 02:17 AM.
peterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:14 AM   #7
antonsvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterC View Post
The other (different for me) centres to full screen. you select (for me) Vert then Hor. But you may know all of this already .

PS I live Sydney, like Anton. I noticed that there are lot of larger pubs around his area...............

the object layouter is disabled by EDIUS default. go to view menu in Quicktitler and enable it and then size it to your liking

you need to do this every time you start a new project, EDIUS does not remember the QT object layouter setting

yes, plenty of pubs around here, have no fear, I never run out of beer

Old 07-21-2013, 04:57 AM   #8
peterC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Chiang View Post
Thanks for the tips.

But what I am trying to do is to set the text always start in center and expand to both left and right, so that no matter how many characters I type in, the text will stay in center.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Quote:
Can't comment on current V Edius other than to say if you have a stock title that you use a lot - eg an i.d. slate, you use that and just 'Save As'. The only way I know (and use) on my version.
I may have been misunderstood due to not double quoting with individual replies.
The above was meant in response to the OP. ie the only way I know to do quickly what he wants (and still not good enough I'm afraid). But in certain circumstances I can use it to do much the same as what he wants since I need it too.

Anton, I don't think your tip works for me, my QT is older and less featured in this regard you show. Mine works as stated - C horiz then V for centre placement onscreen. Having said that it is very powerful if you push it - quite surprising for some I would say, what can be done with this simple titler

What you have highlighted is an issue regading the Text Box View setup which I am sure I changed from default a long time ago and now can't remember what I did to close this view. Now I want it back since it is a fast way to cut and paste the the new 'save as' file name so as not to overwrite the original which I still want. But to do so I must reset the view to this which is annoying/silly. I may be getting my apps mixed though

As for beer all I can say is I should send you a jpg of my floor and what lies behind the computer there (out of sight out mind you could say but not reach) It too is an amber liquid but held in a glass tower like container a la The Shard London.
Edius 9 v3
Old 07-21-2013, 06:01 AM   #9
antonsvideo

Quote:

Anton, I don't think your tip works for me, my QT is older and less featured in this regard you show. Mine works as stated - C horiz then V for centre placement onscreen. Having said that it is very powerful if you push it - quite surprising for some I would say, what can be done with this simple titler
Quicktitler has had the Object Layouter (as shown) ever since it existed

you must have a faulty version?

Old 07-21-2013, 07:36 AM   #10
peterC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
Quicktitler has had the Object Layouter (as shown) ever since it existed

you must have a faulty version?
I don't think so. Here is some info. Never seen the layouter for QT as you describe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg QT 01.JPG (112.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg QT 02.JPG (115.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg QT 03.JPG (115.0 KB, 9 views)
Edius 9 v3

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS