Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ProCoder

Old 12-29-2008, 06:12 AM   #101
Taky

Yeah I was freaking out at the beginning seeing all the videos becomes "Untrancoded". But then for the same file I renamed the extension to .mpg, it is recognized again as "Don't Transcode". I indeed just finished a BluRay with CS4. It works great.
Taky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 02:20 PM   #102
Claire

Anyone know what Encore does with the "untranscoded" files?

Watching the build process to a folder I anticipate the delay as it "build movies" (copies them I assume) to the BDMV\STREAM folder and have counted the number of movies in the compilation be passed through, assuming menus take moments..

However it happens twice.. not once. Not long enough to transcode but about right for a second transfer.

In the end the Blue-Ray disk in Windows Explorer always shows the movies files as .m2ts regardless of if they were m2v's from Procoder or H.264 from Firecoder Blu.

Just curious...

Edius 8.53 Workgroup, DVC Built i7 5960X 8 core Haswell-E Unlocked, Win10 Pro 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4, 32GB DDR4 RAM, RTX 2080 Ti 11GB, Decklink 4K Extreme 12G, TMPGEnc Movie Plug-in AVC, Eizo 31" ColorEdge CG319X HDR 4K monitor
Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:04 PM   #103
Taky

If your input files are "Untranscoded" means it needs to be transcoded to DVD/BluRay compliance format. In that case, the building of DVD/BluRay will be a very long time. The status will be showing "Transcoding..." during the build too.

All you want to have the status in the Project panel showing "Don't Transcode" but not "Untranscoded". If they are showing "Don't Transcode", they will be processed to mux to DVD/BluRay file/folder structure. No transcoding will be taken place.
Taky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:26 PM   #104
Claire

Taky, thanks for the reply though my question was misleading, I just realised I got the wordings mixed up, I had meant to ask what Encore does with the "Don't Transcode"files, doh!

Encore lists my imported video as "Don't Transcode", no "Transcoding" sign during build, simply the few minutes it takes to transfer each movie to the folder I set for output. Except that counting the times the few minute delay happens it seems to do it twice for each movie?

That was what I was curious about. For instance if there are 6 large movies totalling 22 GB I will see 12 delays of a few minutes for each of them not just the six expected.

Then after testing the output folder with PowerDVD I burn it to BD with Nero.

Edius 8.53 Workgroup, DVC Built i7 5960X 8 core Haswell-E Unlocked, Win10 Pro 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4, 32GB DDR4 RAM, RTX 2080 Ti 11GB, Decklink 4K Extreme 12G, TMPGEnc Movie Plug-in AVC, Eizo 31" ColorEdge CG319X HDR 4K monitor
Old 12-30-2008, 01:03 AM   #105
shueardm

Claire.

Although the input source may be BD ready, the program still has to mux the audio/video/stills/subtitles together, that's why there is some time involved and thats why the stream/ folder doesn't show identical files as your input files, also why the extensions are not the same.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:23 AM   #106
Claire

Thanks Mark, as you might guess I am inquisitive and like to know what is going on wherever possible.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:54 AM   #107
SONYMAN

Hi:
Does anybody author AVC/H264 format BD by DVD Architect 5.0?

I use procoder 3 with these presets to get .H264 extension files, DVD Architect accept those H.264 files, but it said that those h.264 filed need to recompress

Does anybody know how to use procoder 3 to get DVD Architect 5.0 compliant AVC media?
SONYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:54 AM   #108
shueardm

Not yet but i cant say I have spent a lot of time on it. i see the new version 5 of DVDA acepts .avc files, perhaps change the extension?
Old 01-22-2009, 07:56 AM   #109
SONYMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by shueardm View Post
Not yet but i cant say I have spent a lot of time on it. i see the new version 5 of DVDA acepts .avc files, perhaps change the extension?
"change extension" doesn't work.
I finally export timeline by EDIUS 5 export option, and use "sony 1920x1080 ,60i" this preset. then I got a m2t file.

This m2t file could accepted by DVDA and doesn't need to recompress, however, the audio file is not compliant which still need to be recompressed....
SONYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:01 PM   #110
rando

No matter what I do when I change the extension in Encore 4 it still comes up "untranscoded". Unless im using the wrong file to start. What preset are you using in Procoder to make the original file? I am using blu ray for DVDit pro HD.
rando is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ProCoder