Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 02-05-2015, 08:42 PM   #1
tryingtolearn

Default Sudden invalid licence warning

I have been using my current version of Edius for 18 months with no problems.
All of a sudden it's come up with 'check the licence' warnings and refusing to open Edius.

I still have the receipt and serial number from when I purchased the current version, but this weird computer error is frustrating.

I have tried walking through the 'reactivate deactivate activate offline and upload the .xml' file but I get an error when I try that

I have tried all of this.... (below)
I am going to uninstall and try reinstalling.... Please if anyone has had this happen tell me!

http://www.ediusworld.com/en/support.../cat1_709.html
Error Code#522

Summary Response.xml file is failed to register.
Cause
GV License Manager failed to register response.xml file during off-line activation or deactivation process.

Troubleshooting
1.Please re-run "EDIUSActivation.exe" to re-generate Response.xml file.
2.Delete the Trusted Storage file with below procedure and then re-try off-line activation.

1) If there is another license which is running properly, deactivate it.
2) Quit GV License Manager.
3) Back up both GVKK_xxxxxxxx_tsf.data and GVKK_xxxxxxxx_tsf.data_backup.001 in C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet folder.
4) Start GV License Manager and then re-try off-line activation.
tryingtolearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:37 PM   #2
GrassValley_PS

I will leave this here and delete your other posts. There is no need to post the same thing in 3 separate forums.

You will need to contact tech support to take care of this issue.

Also if this is NEO please revise your post to say so. This should probably be in the NEO forum but since you had more information, I will leave it here.
Main System: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB , GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, Corsair AX1200i PS, Phanteks Luxe Case, 16TB RAID (4)HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB, Corsair H115i CPU Cooler, AJA Kona 4, BMD Intensity Pro 4K, Win 10
GrassValley_PS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:49 PM   #3
tryingtolearn

Has anyone had a similar issue?
Were the tech team able to rectify?
I have retried and retried the steps on that link, and tried to activate offline over and over to no avail.

I'm hoping the tech team don't have too long a wait time..
I've been trying to fix this for hours now.. Thanks in advance for any repsonses.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:02 PM   #4
szekhely

try calling Edius Support in Aust.
Corsair Solutions

you'll need to have purchased your version of Edius locally
szekhely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:17 PM   #5
Alphabeta

Default Check system date

pls check your system date , happened to me b4 . Finally found out in the end it was my system date that was wrong.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:51 AM   #6
tryingtolearn

I called Edius and they said I had to wait for their support crew to email me, but 24 hours later I havn't got an email and this is urgent.. My client work depends on it.

I tried uninstalling and re installing, and that didn't work. When I logon to activate offline via my laptop which has wifi, it says it's activated, but when I copy the .xml onto the desktop it keeps coming up with the 522 error :(
I have then repeated the above steps as the help page suggest to no avail :(

*** Update. I checked my system date and time in the bios and it's accurate and nothing has changed. This desktop isn't even online so I have no idea why this would mess up or corrupt all of a sudden :(
I really hope this thread gets kept up on the site because I'm sure many other people are having this issue.
Still havn't heard from Grass Valley.. waiting patiently

Last edited by tryingtolearn; 02-06-2015 at 04:52 AM.
Old 02-06-2015, 05:40 AM   #7
antonsvideo

which EDIUS version?

can you enable internet on the PC and try online activation

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 06:39 AM   #8
tryingtolearn

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post

can you enable internet on the PC and try online activation

Hi Anton thanks for the reply.. Ok here we have a VERY interesting issue.
a) the desktop that I do all my main work from has had this edius installed for 18 months with no problems. There is no internet on this desktop anymore. There used to be but now I am living in a rural area with no hard wired internet and this desktop has no wireless cables. - So this computer which is my main computer for work does not have the internet, which should not be an issue.
This computer has used this version of Edius for 18 months with no issue

b) I just dug out my travel laptop which has wireless card, and attempted to install this Edius on my laptop. It came up with 'invalid licence' when connected to the internet

This is very confusing and alarming because I purchased this licence and download from the Grass Valley Website (this website)

c) I have all of the screenshots from when I purchased it from this website.
I have the product code and receipt and everything.
I have no idea why my serial would corrupt all of a sudden, unless it's a fault in their database or something??????

Still not had a reply from Grass Valley Tech Team!

The purchase was made direct from "Grass Valley Store" and I have my reference number from May 2013.

I am going to try to email customer service as they have not replied and this is an extremely urgent matter. I have all my receipts and screenshots showing payment on the Grass Valley official site, and showing the licence code I was given that until now, has always worked :/
Old 02-06-2015, 07:20 AM   #9
antonsvideo

what is your EDIUS version?

can you email me your serial and I test to see how many activations it already had, maybe there is none left?

anton at videoproductions.com.au

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 04:46 AM   #10
tryingtolearn

I have just reinstalled on my travel laptop - I fixed the issue back when I posted this original post, and now I'm having the issue again ad googled it and the first thing that came up was a link to this post I wrote earlier in the year!

Silly me, I should have written out my 'fix' that worked when it happened, and when I fixed it.. so now I'm trying to fix this issue again, and I will place the step by step fix here as soon as I achieve it..

Today I instaleld the windows 10 upgrade, and I couldn't find Edius in the start menu and attempted to install, which triggered the uninstall, then reinstall..

I will write my fix here :)

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS