Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Hardware and Accessories

Old 11-29-2014, 12:43 AM   #1
nath

Default Moving from AMD Win7 system to Intel Win8 system...

I got myself Edius 7 about a year ago, and today I finally went ahead with ordering myself a new system that would support Edius 7! (Too bad 7 would not work with a AMD system. )

What are the suggested steps I take?

I do not want to go through a re-install of Edius, as it would require going back through updates upon updates upon updates. I also would prefer keeping Win7 as my OS.

So my question is: would a Windows restore from a system image work? I never had to do a restore before, – and this one would be across CPU type, MOBO, RAM, GPU ... you get my point.

Can Win7 handle this kind of restore?

And should I do a restore from within Win8; or first install Win7 with all the drivers and do a restore from within Win7? I do assume just swapping the SSD where the OS is on would be an idea, but probably not the best!

Thank you for any and all helpful hints.

Last edited by nath; 11-29-2014 at 12:49 AM. Reason: added ways to restore
nath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 01:14 AM   #2
THoff

You could do an upgrade install of Windows 8 over your existing Windows 7, but I would not recommend that -- start over fresh.

As far as Edius is concerned, just log into the Grass Valley support site and download the full Edius installer, that will keep you from having to install a base version plus one or more updates.
THoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 01:30 AM   #3
Adbear

Even if there isn't a full installer for the latest build you only need to do one full install and then the latest update, no need to do all the ones in between.

As to AMD CPU's, it does work with them, just not older ones that don't include SSSE3 instruction set
Old 11-29-2014, 02:11 AM   #4
nath

Thank you for the tips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adbear View Post
As to AMD CPU's, it does work with them, just not older ones that don't include SSSE3 instruction set
... that's right! Now I remember, my CPU/mobo just missed that.
nath is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Hardware and Accessories