Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 11-20-2010, 04:01 PM   #1
Donovan P

Default Edius 6 - P2 folder structure export option?

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I'd like to know if new Edius 6 will support the P2-structure export function.
This question because I've downloaded and installed the 30-days trial demo version 6.01 and I've found that, yes, you can export .MXF or AVI files with various codecs but the P2 export option is not present as it was on Edius 5.x.
May that be a demo limitation?

It's very important because it would simplify my workflow with P2 Cards and I'd like to know if P2-structure export option will be present on the final shipped version.

Thank you in advance and... Sorry, in case this question has already been asked... :-)

Last edited by Donovan P; 11-20-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Donovan P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 07:18 PM   #2
pjsssss

There are many import/export limitations on the demo. I don't know of any change in the P2 handling from Edius 5.xx The P2 workflow in Edius has always been outstanding.
pjsssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:09 PM   #3
nbcmiami

Default presets

is the Demo version also have limitations on the Avid Keyboard presets. They are not listed. I don't have that many days left on the demo and just want to play with the NLE with the avid layout. if anyone has it if they can email them to me at abel.aluart (at) nbcuni.com that would be great.

thanks in advance
nbcmiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:48 AM   #4
nbcmiami

Default Hopeful

Hoping someone has the settings. I have the settings for my Edius 5 but those don't work. sorry for the promptness. just trying to play with it before the demo expires to make sure i like it to do the upgrade.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:38 AM   #5
GrassValley_PS

You can go into Settings and remap any keyboard shortcut you want
GrassValley_PS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:12 PM   #6
nbcmiami

Default thank you

Yes, i did that and it helped somewhat. Edius has so many shortcuts that it was hard to distinguish which is which. but, at least i'm able to play with it. so far i like it. i've been looking for the video that someone mentioned here about training on youtube. For the most part just working my way through it. Interesting that P2 capture has been moved now.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:32 PM   #7
GrassValley_PS

All external capture has been moved to the Source Browser to try and get all capture/file transfer in one location.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:05 PM   #8
plasma_video

So Pat - regarding P2.

In V4 Broadcast when using P2 select, it created a P2 structured folder in the project folder which contained file and folder structure similar to a complete P2 card which the Pansonic P2 browser can read.

Using source browser, you can import clips fine, but it creates individual file folders for each clip, not a composite for the card, making P2 viewer less useful, as you have to navigate to each folder, rather than looking at a "card" structure.

Am I making sense, and are there any ideas about making the behaviour similar to P2 select?

Tom
plasma_video is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:03 PM   #9
GrassValley_PS

Yes, this is an area that needs to improve in Source browser. IMHO, The 3 things that seem to need improvement (and not just for P2) are;
1. Being able to save to a different location rather than just the project folder
2. Maintaining the same file structure within the Transferred folder
3. Maintaining more Metadata

If you need to have more info, feel free to email or PM me.
BTW, I was able to find some different Panasonic software that still allowed low Rez viewing of the clips. It showed the clips from the Transferred folder without having to look through individual folders. Let me know if you are interested and I will see if I can dig it up.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:39 PM   #10
plasma_video

Son, you done been PM'ed . . . . .
plasma_video is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS