Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 10-07-2010, 07:28 AM   #31
Bassman

I think what I have written is being taken out of context as a reply to a different post. Yes the NX card has been out for 6 years, and no I do not think I am special...I am being misunderstood here.

I am tying this to broadcast standards because until they change, the NX will be a pertinent card. (i.e. no solid reason to upgrade) So GV does not want to sell the NX anymore, but I think it deserves to be supported. All of the DVStorm users had to upgrade in order to edit HD material. This was a major broadcast standard that changed. (i.e. solid reason for an upgrade)

I AM interested in upgrading Edius the software. But if driver support for my perfectly functioning and up to date NX card dries up, then no upgrade for the software for me.

This is not a money savings, this is a loss of Edius improvements or a major expedature for a new output card and a new production monitor.

As I stated before, if you could give me assurance that the NX will be 100% supported in Edius 6 then I will never speak to this again. With an unknown driver release date this seems to be a bit uncertain from where I sit.
Bassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:06 AM   #32
shueardm

That's right Bassman. Until they do the driver (or even start it from the looks of things), how would they know that it will be stable? How can anybody say it will be available by xx and work as the current version EDIUS does with it?
Are we going to get to the point where GV says, "here's the NX driver" but it has not gone to plan and you can't do x,y,z and it's not as stabe either.
So the right thing to do now is not upgrade until there's proof. It could take a while.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:51 AM   #33
PaulTV

I have to agree, it's like bying a new car, to be told that the wheels will be delivered later, although we are not sure when, and, they may not fit when they do arrive :-(

Paul

System 1: Edius 7.5 Asus X79 4930K 6 core @4.4GHz Water Cooled. 480GB REVO3x2 System drive, 4TB Raid 0, 4 TB E-Sata Raid 5, 32GB RAM, GTX1070Ti Decklink HD Extreme. 3X Sony AX53 Sony AX700

http://indiestereographer.blogspot.co.uk
PaulTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:02 AM   #34
GrassValley_SK
Grass Valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alade View Post
That is good to hear...So what will be a good card to buy to replace the NX card. ...Dont want to go to the top...just a replacement for the NX, as I can see it will soon be a legacy product.
Let me explain a bit more the situation behind this.

At the time our engineers developed the drivers for HDStorm, HDSpark, HDThunder, they knew already about EDIUS 6 and the new Hardware Layer of this Version. That means, they build already the drivers around this new EDIUS 6 Layer but they kept in mind that it has to run still with Version 5 and below.

EDUIS NX/SP/HD drivers are different because they are older. At the time our engineers developed this drivers they had no idea about Version 6 and the different Hardware layer in this Version.

Drivers for HDStorm, HDSpark, HDThunder need more or less “just” some modifications to work with Version 6. Drivers for EDUIS NX/SP/HD need to have a brand new development.

This is why we have this time delay on EDUIS NX/SP/HD drivers. Nothing else….

Last edited by GrassValley_SK; 10-07-2010 at 09:14 AM.
GrassValley_SK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:14 AM   #35
GrassValley_SW
Grass Valley

Actually it's nothing like buying a new car without wheels.

Just to scotch the slightly conspiratorial tone that this thread is taking, 100% there will be EDIUS 6 drivers for NX/SP, we just can't give an accurate date yet. And let's not forget, EDIUS 6 isn't even shipping yet.

Steve
GrassValley_SW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:30 AM   #36
shueardm

I'm not suggesting a conspiracy, just questioning how they can say the driver will be stable if it hasn't started? it may be delivered but in what form!!
Old 10-07-2010, 03:09 PM   #37
willfredmcindoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tingsern View Post
Since GV has promised to keep the US$299 upgrade price past Dec 2010 for people who has EDIUS 5 and NX card (like me, for example) - I will keep EDIUS 5 until the drivers are available for NX in EDIUS 6 - then I will upgrade.
Hi Guys,
I wonder why we have to wait a couple months to get upgrade on NX card, if NX,Thunderstorm and the etc cards work on SD & HD Grass Valley should get all drivers and updates for all.
willfredmcindoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:13 PM   #38
tingsern

Please read. The answer is directly above ...

Written by Stephan Kexel.
Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema
tingsern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:50 PM   #39
skraja

If I can add my two pence worth.... i dont see why everyone gets all worked up with something thats no released as yet and we still can continue working on edius 5 with current projects. The option to upgrade is available to Edius 5 users at anytime. I cant see what the fuss is about. Technology develops and we have to move on. The NX has had a good 6 years.

Adobe production suite cs5
windows 7 ultimate 64bit Edius 6 Vitscene Mercalli Bluff Titler Boris FX
skraja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:09 PM   #40
shueardm

Because people want to with excitement use EDIUS 6, that's not hard to understand surely?
Do these peopel want to give up the realtime monitoring? No. So it's a difficult decision for people who like to run the latest software.

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS