Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ADVC

Old 09-14-2009, 12:17 PM   #1
Primeteus

Default Twinpact100 and analog convertion

Hi!
I am from finland and im sorry that my english writing aint so good, but i have an problem with Twinpact100 and converting vhs to digital. I have Ion VCR2PC vcr and Twinpact100 and vista pc. PC system is newer scaleo with phenom 3x so its more than enough for this. I have connected the vcr to Twinpact100 with scart adapter rca. And Twinpact100 to computer with DV cable. Every time i try to get image to computer (i use moviemaker) it says nothing is connected. i went 3 days to thing whats the problem and came with nothing. I have sleeped 6 hours in that time. So if anyone can read this scrable what i just write and understand what i am saying and then help me with this problem, i will be very thankfull
Primeteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:34 AM   #2
SoundFreak
Banned

Long time ago I also had similar problems, it is most likely your Scart to RCA conversion.
It has been very long since I even seen a Scart, I moved from Europe to Asia, but I am sure if you Google for the pin-out you could check your connections.

To exclude the Twinpact from being the problem / wrong settings, connect another source to it and try to capture.
I'm still convinced it's the Scart, as this often happens to be the culprit.
SoundFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 08:04 AM   #3
Primeteus

so what are you saying is that i need to put away the scart adapter and connect straight to the rca cabels to vcr and converter? its just this that the ion vcr2pc only has scart connection available. so you think that i need to buy new vcr that has rca connections ?
Old 09-15-2009, 08:19 AM   #4
SoundFreak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primeteus View Post
so what are you saying is that i need to put away the scart adapter and connect straight to the rca cabels to vcr and converter?
No, no, don't buy a new vcr and don't put the cable away, if you are able to open the Scart connector so you can check the connected pins.
There are many flavors of Scart cables, and most of them are not fully connected, read as not all pins in use.

Standard Scart conversion cable are mostly (internally) connected for playback on standard TV's, but often (not always) they can be used to also record to another device.

Before you take the scart connector apart, you should test the AVCbox with another video source to dubbel check that all is ok with connection / vista / software etc ?

This manner allows you to eliminate the problem step by step.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:25 AM   #5
SoundFreak
Banned

Does your TV display any video footage played from the VHS player using the Scart cable ?

Is it a Scart to Scart, or Scart to RCA connection to your TV set ?

If your TV set has also Scart input ,and if it is a higher end set it might also provide RCA (monitor) output, from there you also could tap the RCA to RCA video source to the AVCbox.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:22 AM   #6
Primeteus

i dont have tv connected to vcr. Just vcr -> converter -> pc. Should i get the tv?
Old 09-15-2009, 09:42 AM   #7
SoundFreak
Banned

You have to check something and start somewhere, yes, I think it would be a good idea to get a TV.

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ADVC