View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 09:57 AM   #6
David Clarke

I don't like the way Mync puts the clips in individual folders either but there may be good reasons for this with other media apart from AVCHD.

EDIUS and Mync recognise spanned clips. Import using the source browser or Mync and it stitches them together as long as you have the entire card structure present. If you just copy the MTS files it does not.

I have found the way EDIUS copies AVCHD very useful - rather than just stitching together files and leaving one final file. I remember when I was first using AVCHD and I tried Apple FCP that it would not recognise AVCHD AT ALL unless it was in the same structure as on the card - EDIUS let me keep that.

For stitching together MST files on their own I use a program called MTSMerger which I downloaded ages ago. I am not sure it is still available but you may be able to Google it.

I don't use it much now. I find the way EDIUS copies is fine for me.
Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10
David Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote