View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 02:14 AM   #1
mbray

Default ADVC: A Mac OS X app to monitor in full screen the output of an ADVC-55?

I've googled the heck out of this and can't believe there isn't an easily discovered solution :(

I want to be able to hook up an old time vcr, game system or similar to the ADVC-55 and then on my Mac (OS X 10.4 PPC) just look at and listen to the video and audio presented in a full screen, not while recording. YES, I want to use my Mac as a TV monitor basically, that's the workflow.

There's already a thread on this forum about this issue but for the ADVC-110. The intrepid user of the 110 found a freeware application, hTV, that seemed to work for him, but sadly not for me. I get no picture or sound at all using hTV. Nor can I use Quicktime's capture with the ADVC-55 for whatever reason - no sound or picture. But Quicktime doesn't have a full screen preview, either.

iMovie's preview window can be resized large, but that still leaves the timeline, menu bar, and other junk on the screen. Final Cut Pro's preview can't be resized at all, and is smallish.

I'm quite surprised that something seemingly so simple does not appear to be available for this usage.

Does anyone know if there is a solution, or should I move this post to the feature request section?
mbray is offline   Reply With Quote