View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 09:44 PM   #3
BernH

Quote:
Originally Posted by trillium View Post
I may to create captioning for an upcoming project. Is there a tutorial somewhere that explains how to do this in Edius? I've read in the manual how to combine a caption clip and a video clip but I did not see how the caption clip is created in Edius. Do I need additional software to do this or can Edius do it alone other than creating the text in a text editor?

I'll keep searching the forum but so far I have not found what I need to know through searches. I know it has been discussed here.

Thanks for any help.
Edius can't create the closed caption clip. This has to be done in another software such as Mac Caption, Caption Maker, or even Subtitle Edit.

Once you have the text timed to a video guide in these softwares, you can export an .scc file that you can then match up in Edius.

I have played around with this using both Mac Caption and Subtitle Edit, and was successful in my tests. I don't normally have to do this so I can't say I have a lot of experience, but it is a functional workflow.

Open captions are essentially text overlays (basically the same as doing subtitles) that can be created in the same softwares and exported as a video file with an alpha channel that is just put on top of the video in edius, or created in something like Vistitle.

Andreas has posted a good little tutorial using Subtitle Edit for subtitling that may give you a good kick start in all of this.
https://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/...light=subtitle
Edius WG 9.51.5619, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.8.0.5, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 4TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x2TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software RAID 0/stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Last edited by BernH; 08-23-2019 at 06:58 AM.
BernH is offline   Reply With Quote