View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 08:20 AM   #6
antonsvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by basjoe View Post
This is news to me. I've created quite a few 4k family videos with my GH5, which at the moment have only been viewed on our domestic 1080p TV. So, you are saying that when I eventually get a 4k TV, the titling will be screwed up ? What does it look like ? Smaller/larger ? How does the position change ?

Best Regards
Graham
nope, no issue at all in your case, the issue is when you create a title with QT with desktop scaling at 100% and then open that project on a different PC with desktop scaling of more than 100%, your titles will be blown to kingdom come

the same goes the other way, if title created in QT with desktop scaling like 250% and then when you open that project on a PC with 100% scaling, you will need to wear a helmet in case you fall over backwards and hit your head

this was never an issue in the old days because every PC was set to 100% scaling, UHD PC monitors destroyed all this

I personally will never use a UHD monitor for a desktop

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote