View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 01:31 AM   #5
BernH

Based in those samples, and assuming that you are using the same VCR as a source, you have more problems than just the audio. The picture quality of the one from the ADVC-500 is a lot worse than the one from the Pinnacle Moviebox.

Normally the ADVC converters were very good. I still have an ADVC-110 myself, and have not had any issues with it, but the ADVC-500 is an older unit, originally released in 2003, making it up to 16 years old, so it is possible that the electronics are also aging, with capacitors possibly drying out and going off value.

The Pinnacle Moviebox is also a consumer device, where as the ADVC-500 was designed as more of a Prosumer/Professional device. Most consumer devices are a lot more forgiving with unstable video sources, while most professional devices would require a TBC to stabalize the video before digital conversion. That said, a TBC for a consumer device like the moviebox is a good idea too.

I used to edit with Pinnacle Liquid Pro, and have the big brother of the Moviebox that came with Liquid. The quality is good, but a TBC was required for unstable analog sources.

I can't say what might be set different via the ADVC software. As I said it has been a long time since I have seen an ADVC-500, and can't remember much about the software.
Edius WG 9.51.5619, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.8.0.5, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 4TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x2TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software RAID 0/stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).
BernH is offline   Reply With Quote