View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 07:25 PM   #8
AJL14

Hi Jerry,

Have had great success in setting up the Canon XF-400. In testing, mp4 runs better in EDIUS than XF-AVC - and actually looks a bit better coming out of m y 4K projector to the 14 ft. screen. Other than eliminating many of the control buttons on the camera, the 400 (and the simplicity of the setup screen), makes the camera quite versatile in nearly every respect. Even a gamma control delivers a "raw-like" picture which when color corrected with a LUT in EDIUS results in a virtually professional picture. So far, I'm thrilled with the results. So other than the camera and shotgun/stereo mike attached making it not as easy to carry around Europe - I think it might be well worth it. I'm lifting weights to get into better shape :).

But oh my, as you and Pat both so wisely predicted, I'm going to have to upgrade my EDIUS computer when we get back - for with either codec of 4K files it stutters worse than King George of England.

Still testing.... more later. Be good to yourself.
Alan

SYSTEM: ASUS P8Z77-VPro mobo, Intel 3770K CPU, 16 Gig Crucial 1866 RAM, Antec 1000W PS, EVGA nVidia 560Ti 1Gig Video, CoolerMaster CPU cooler, LG GGW-H20L BluRay DVD, SPARK card w/23" Samsung 1920x1080 Monitor, OCZ 240GB SSD boot in Swapable Tray & 3 WD Enterprise 1TB video RAID 5 HDD's. 4.5TB RAID 1 Outboard backups, Behringer2000 Audio Fader/Controller
AJL14 is offline   Reply With Quote