View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 06:15 PM   #18
Bassman

After reading through this thread, I think Ulysses needs to apologize to Dave. It may be a minor thing but Dave just made a video to help folks and is also technically correct after being accused of being ignorant of technical details.

Now maybe the new spec will allow for more efficient transfers or management, as new is often improved. But, I think in the end of the day, we all just want the correct facts to be talked about, not who is wrong or right. Using Bern's math below, an NvMe drive will saturate the USB-C interface but not the upcoming USB 4 bus. So maybe there is confusion between the SATA and NvMe speeds? I got the math wrong before I edited this post as I did not pay attention to Gbps instead of GBps… :(

To me, the best thing about this setup is that it is bus powered. Very useful to not have to plug it in the wall.

Hope this can just be resolved as it is small potatoes but polite discourse is important imho.

Last edited by Bassman; 06-09-2019 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Incorrect statment and math!