View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 05:22 AM   #9
BernH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim N View Post
I guess it is just a matter of time before we have a BMD Decklink 8K Extreme 4X12G version as well! Of course this will have full functionality for various NLE software packages but only playback for Edius if above is a guide. Edius does not want to compete in that market?
That guide is a little out dated. Originally capture was not supported, but when the GV I/O's started being discontinued, GV started allowing capture via 3rd party cards.

I don't have my Intensity installed any more, but when I did I could capture via the card, just like I could capture via my MX02 Mini MAX that I currently have up until Edius 9.31, or so the story goes, and haven't tried the MX02 since, (haven't had to capture anything in a long time. Edius still lists the MX02 as an available capture device in the settings though I have not actually tried since moving to Edius 9.1). I'm sure others will attest that the decklink can also capture. Perhaps an AJA user could comment on those cards for capture. What you can't do is RS422 machine control via Edius.

Decklinks and Kona cards do support machine control, but Edius only does machine control via GV hardware, which isn't being made anymore.

Machine control via Edius would be nice for those that have legacy RS422 controllable decks, such as TV/News stations and post production houses, but the reality is that tape decks are now really legacy equipment, so it's unlikely that GV will port support their RS422 code over to make use of the decklink or kona cards, unless TV stations start demanding it.
Edius WG 9.50.5351, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.8, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 4TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x2TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software RAID 0/stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).
BernH is offline   Reply With Quote